Accounts Payable Associate
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Processes supplier invoices, including imaging, 3-way PO matching, coding, obtaining approvals, preparing payment batches, etc.
· Works closely with Accounts Payable Supervisor, other accounting departments and outside vendors. Responsible for intermediary AP transactions and will be responsible for managing a portfolio of moderately complex accounts (e.g., trade), interaction with vendors and resolving purchase order receipt to invoice discrepancies.
· Reconciles and resolves discrepancies on transactions to include T&E reports and expenses while ensuring timeliness of payments. Review and resolve items that are in task lists due to discrepancies in general ledger coding, proper approval, potential duplicates and others. May audit to ensure all T&E submissions comply with company travel policy. Executes very high-volume payment processing, printing and mailing of checks.
· Communicates AP related processes and status to external and internal suppliers written and verbally. The majority of communication is in email form.
· Analyze/review vendor statements for accuracy, resolve invoice discrepancies and entering data into system.
· Other duties as assigned
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 2 – 4 years accounts payable and/or related experience
· Intermediate Excel skills
· General understanding of accounting practices and principles
· Intermediate to Advanced level of verbal and written communications skills
· Basic level of mathematical skills
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and OnBase experience is preferred
· High volume experience is preferred