Accounting - Contracts Specialist I
This Contracts Specialist I is an integral role in the commercial process of the company. This position works as the liaison between the company and the customer on the accounting side, with responsibilities that include communication and clarification of all contract related details and ensuring the contracted products and services are accurately billed. This position also works with other internal customers as experts on all financial relationships with our customers. This position is solely responsible for setting the stage for all internal and external financial and management reporting, as it relates to the revenue cycle. This includes ensuring:
- All received executed documents from our customers are reviewed, processed, dually executed and sent back to the customer.
- All executed contracts are properly reflected in our contract management tool with all criteria the company is required to report to management and the board of directors on a monthly basis.
- The customer relationship management (CRM) tool is properly updated for accurate, weekly, sales metric reporting.
- The revenue system and project management tool is updated to properly reflect records for revenue recognition tracking and forecast reporting.
- The accounting system is updated with all invoicing events and work closely with the collections team for any issues with billing events that subsequently surface.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Manages assigned items in the external facing company email box dedicated to the company’s contracts with customers and all related questions
- Reviews, processes and dually executes, using a restricted electronic signature, all assigned, executed contracts received by customers
- Validate all data, including financial and non-financial, in signed agreements received from customers prior to applying counter-signature
- Create and maintain all customer agreement records in contract management tool
- Maintain organized contract files and related records
- Enters all required billing events related to new contracts accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensures all required information for management reporting is captured on all new contracts and related billing events
- Performs the billing function and creates all related invoices on a weekly basis and as needed during close
- Responsible for identifying potential credits driven by signed agreements and processing required documentation for audit support
- Responsible for understanding the company’s policies as they relate to other credits, not from signed agreements, and have the ability to direct requests appropriately
- Initiate and manage service tickets for customer account changes required by signed agreements
- Responsible for tracking, adjusting and billing product go lives as designated in executed contracts
- Responsible for identifying and implementing process improvement to continuously improve data quality
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with customers, and all internal teams which includes: Sales, Finance, Deal Desk, Service Delivery, Revenue, A/R and Sales Ops
- Participate in team planning meetings and work as a high functioning team
- Meet defined team goals and activity metrics
- Provide excellent and considerate customer service to customers and sales personnel
- Must be available after hours and during weekends, for any emergency document execution
- Must be able to work overtime at month end, quarter end, and year end
- Other responsibilities as determined
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to read and interpret legal contracts as they relate to billing
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Goal oriented
- Ability to work independently exercising strong judgment and decision-making abilities
- Ability to retrieve and analyze complex data under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of invoicing processes
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Enthusiasm to be a team player and assist others when necessary
- Experience with MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Experience with using systems that lack semantic interoperability
- Bachelor of the Arts or Bachelor of Science
- 2-4 Years contract coordination experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience in finance, accounting or sales support
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.