Greater Boulder Area
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data. Our mission is to be the industry standard for next generation data processing and discovery, powered by our scalable, relational analytics engine. We are building our products to have a significant and positive impact on the lives of people, the world they live in, and on industry and commerce.
We have an immediate need for Support Engineers in our Boulder, CO location. You must be passionate about customer satisfaction and problem solving. As a charter member of Xcalar Support, you will have opportunities for leadership and growth as we build out a world class customer services organization.
*Principals only, no recruiters please*
- Onboard new customers into Xcalar Support
- Provide customer technical support for cases coming in from our web portal and live chat facility
- Engage with customers to resolve technical issues and answer product questions
- Provide support case analysis reports to customers and internal management
- Work cross-functionally with Field, Product, and Engineering teams
- Contribute to and maintain internal and external knowledge bases
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years within a technical role (Development, Support, Administration)
- Strong understanding of UNIX/Linux system administration, along with a knowledge of troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Scripting experience using one of the Shell script/Perl/Python languages
- Knowledge of Big Data and RDBMS concepts
- Software development experience in C/C++/Python
- User core dump analysis
- Experience with Big Data technologies, Clustering, and distributed programming
- Knowledge of kernel, file system, and database internals – latency, throughput, reliability, availability, consistency, security
- Familiarity with virtual machine technologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills and empathy for the customer experience
- A strong desire to increase the product and technology skillset
Xcalar is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Xcalar considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class.
Please reference http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf andhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information.
Read Full Job Description