Sr SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) Remote*
Are you ready to join the un-carrier movement? Do you enjoy working on products with direct customer impact? Are you looking for a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience? Can you bring Un-carrier to everything you do? Do you think outside of the box?
We are looking for a smart, enthusiastic, and creative leader with a history of strategic and tactical execution. In this role, you will create and maintain a fully automated end-to-end deployment and testing infrastructure to ensure consistency and quality in software design and deployment.
You will have responsibility for projects focused on engineering IP to minimize the points of failure within the infrastructure, maximize the ability of the team to monitor platform performance and drive the best customer experience possible. As an experienced SDET, you will have a heavy focus on team development while reducing the overall time to market for deployments within their scope. To be successful this role requires strong problem solving, innovative thinking, project planning and proven leadership abilities in an extremely fast paced and rewarding environment. Team often works remote, but must be local to greater Boston, MA.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Automation solutions supporting a CI/CD pipeline model.
- Assess system issues, coordinate, determine root cause and impacts, and recommend solutions.
- Create solution options based on research of (current and future) system capabilities, standard processes, and industry trends.
- Assist business in leveraging (where advisable) standard process capabilities to reduce complexity and customization.
- Research, identify and drive improvements to project efficiency, speed and quality via new cross-team synergies, methods, and tools.
- Researches production issues and supports the platform group as needed.
- Document existing processes and find areas for improvement through Lean methodologies or automation.
- Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work. Independent study of current technology is expected. Interact with system engineers to define system requirement and/or necessary requirements for automation.
- Responsible for code developed by the team meeting organizational stands.
- Performs testing of application code as necessary.
- Build and maintain software and automation tools that improve development and testing processes.
- Research and evaluate solutions from third party vendors that will inform business decisions.
Must have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Hands on technical telecommunications, applications support, or system infrastructures.
- Native application mobile testing experience, IOS/Android
- Complete understand of build and deployment systems such as VSTS and AWS.
- Practical experience implementing new toolsets, standardizing processes and governance and effective management of team adoption and change management by applying Lean principles, critical thinking and objective analysis.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team development, and negotiation skills; ability to interact with people of varying backgrounds, technical abilities, languages, and cultures; must be able to read and write effectively in English at a business-professional level.
- Ability to develop and analyze data from multiple sources. Conversant with basic statistical methodologies.
- Must be pro-active and creative in identifying business challenges and matching innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
- Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development life cycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Welcome change and complexity. Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
- You love learning and mentoring others.
- DevOps experience is a plus
- 5+ years of hands professional experience
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or quantitative field
- Masters of Science a plus
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.