Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Ready to make IT history? Us too!
Come join CA Technologies Architecture Team and work in a fast-paced environment across CA’s technology portfolio. In this key leadership role in the Office of the CTO you will have the opportunity to innovate and drive CA’s architectural and technology strategy across our business units as we position ourselves to dominate in the marketplace. Developing the next generation DevOps, Security, and Cloud Management products and solutions - we continue to define and drive the technology of the application economy in the unwired enterprise.
About the Role
As a Distinguished Engineer, you will work cross-functionally in a variety of roles assisting with cross-company architecture for key components of the stack, M&A due diligence, technology standards, systems design, architecture governance and evangelize CA’s technology. Your ability to envision, define, rationalize, and clearly articulate CA Technologies architectural roadmap will help drive the company’s differentiation to achieve success.
You will lead change that brings value to our customers, partners, and shareholders through the creation of innovative software, products and services
In this role, you will:
- Be part of the CTO leadership team and participate in creating the architectural vision and strategy.
- Drive and influence cross-functional technology solutions with architects from across CA’s matrixed environment.
- Act as the technical leader and subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, employing technical expertise in driving decisions, be hands-on and write code and developing game-changing solutions.
- Research on trending and evolving future technologies.
- Communicate CA Technologies’ positions to industry analysts, key customers, partners and the press.
- Write technical white papers and work with teams to drive reference implementation to production quality code.
- Lead Agile Architecture as a discipline:
- Influence common modelling, design, coding, testing and automation practices across the organization.
- Share and re-use ideas, components and proven design and implementation patterns where applicable.
- Support knowledge sharing across product groups and projects.
- Continuously improve and reduce the complexity of installing, configuring, deploying, maintaining, supporting, upgrading or migrating CA products and solutions.
- Live the principles behind the Agile Manifesto in all interactions.
- Represent CA by attending, presenting and exerting influence at industry conferences, symposiums and standards bodies.
- Protect CA's intellectual property by identifying and filing patent applications; design patentable technology and propose and review patent applications.
- Participate in the technical due diligence process as a part of M&A activities.
How You'll Stand Out
You thrive on working with the top technologists in the industry in a fast-paced dynamic environment. To succeed in the age of digital transformation, you have to dream big. Challenge convention. Push the boundaries of technology. But just having groundbreaking ideas isn’t enough. You need to make them real.
An ideal background will entail:
- 20 plus years’ experience in software development roles with a proven track record of cross-product architectural design.
- 5-10 years of experience in leadership positions (team lead or higher) or alternatively in senior tech positions as architect
- Deep knowledge of various languages, scripting, and libraries to include Java, Angular, and React.
- Strong experience with container technologies such as Docker, Compose, Kubernetes and Prometheus.
- Deep experience with software design and development on cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, and/or Azure along with an understanding of the economic, business and cost models for delivering software on the respective platforms.
- Experience with Agile methodologies, iterative development, and refactoring designs as requirements evolve.
- Outstanding technical, business, and customer-centric communication skills.
- Strong ability briefing middle and high-level senior leadership within the company as well as customers.
- Strong ability to define, review and interpret specifications and work with teams to deliver architecture and design specifications.
- Strong ability to work with QA to design and review test plans, identify gaps and risks in those plans.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Master's level degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Sciences preferred; post graduate degree in sciences, math or engineering considered a significant advantage
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.