Markit Digital is looking for a talented SQL Server Database Developer/Analyst who is interested in working with large, complex data sets. Our growing development team is looking for folks eager to take on the challenge of efficiently and effectively managing dynamic data sources through a common processing model. In return, you will be thrilled to see the benefits of your work used by millions of people all over the globe.
• Minimum 2 year experience writing TSQL.
• Write clean, clear, and efficient SQL stored procedures.
• Design tables, keys, indexes, views that effectively represent the data.
• Dream up new ways of solving old problems.
• Find clever ways to be more efficient or to deliver more value to our clients.
• Manage risk in a highly sensitive production environment serving high-visibility clients, over the entire development lifecycle, across vendor components, infrastructure, and application code.
• Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues, vendors, and clients.
• Have a readiness and ability to dig in and understand the underlying data that you work with.
• Thrive in a high-energy culture.
What you will learn to do:
• Engineer and maintain the back end data layers that support financial websites
• Deliver this data to hundreds of high traffic, highly visibility sites for the world’s largest financial firms and media outlets. (We received 5 billion hits last month).
• Learn both proprietary and industry-standard tools, technologies, and models used to accomplish this.
• Gain exposure to the stock market and other financial data, while developing applications that present dynamic information from a variety of sources.
Some other skills and characteristics we look for:
• A good sense of humor, eagerness to learn, and a drive to be successful.
• Experience working with external data vendors and ETL systems for bringing in that data.
• Extreme SQL optimization skills.
• Experience working with the large data sets data in a high-speed, high-availability environment.
• Experience with SSIS is helpful.
• Experience with SQL Server 2012 or newer.
• Background in the financial markets is a plus, especially exposure to the wide range of tradeable instruments outside of common stocks.