Spacecraft Control Engineer (Active Secret Clearance Required)
The Spacecraft Control Engineer position is responsible for spacecraft commanding, telemetry monitoring, and addressing spacecraft anomalies as they occur. The Spacecraft Control Engineer works closely with on-shift management, MCS Ground Control Engineers, and other Spacecraft Control Engineers within the Mission Operations Center to ensure health and safety of the spacecraft is sustained and command objectives are met. The Spacecraft Control Engineer position requires an understanding of the various spacecraft that makes up the DigitalGlobe Constellation. Understanding of the constellation allows the Spacecraft Control Engineer to address both nominal and non-nominal vehicle behavior through interaction with the DigitalGlobe command & control system software.
- Routinely performs pre-contact verifications with the MCS Ground Control Engineers to ensure successful communication is established between the ground system and the spacecraft.
- Ensure spacecraft tasking and planning provides error fee output reducing the risk of faulting any of the spacecraft within the DigitalGlobe constellation.
- Perform in-contact spacecraft commanding and state of health assessments to ensure health and safety of the spacecraft is maintained.
- Perform out of contact spacecraft telemetry trending and analysis to ensure continued health and safety of the spacecraft out of view of a ground station.
- Fully investigate spacecraft limit violations and up-channel any violations to a Spacecraft Control Engineer 2 and/or the Spacecraft Operations Engineer which are not covered in any spacecraft related documentation.
- Recognize and up-channels anomalous spacecraft conditions to the Spacecraft Control Engineer 2 and/or the Spacecraft Operations Engineer.
- Maintain an awareness and comprehension of system changes ensuring operational compliance.
- Follow guidelines established in procedures and checklists and report operational checklist deficiencies to the Operations Efficiency and Transition team.
- Generate spacecraft availability reports for the Spacecraft Engineering team.
- Execute necessary ground limit changes to reflect current operating state of the spacecraft and long term telemetry trends at the behest of a Spacecraft Operations Engineer or the Spacecraft Engineering team.
- Maintain proficiency on all spacecraft subsystems throughout the DigitalGlobe constellation.
- DoD Secret security clearance REQUIRED.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related field, or equivalent positional related experience.
- Good written & oral communication skills.
- Calm disposition in stressful situations.
- This position requires 24/7 rotational shift work.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.