Software Quality Architect
The Software Quality Architect is responsible for providing enterprise and department-wide and technical solutions to the Quality Engineering department as well as working with specific project teams and individuals to help implement, maintain and innovate our technical testing strategies. The Software Quality Architect also provides expert technical advice and assistance on test tools, technologies, test strategies, and test design – with an emphasis on test automation, performance testing, and/or functional security - as well as specialties in testing design. This role also provides recommendations regarding technical approaches, deployments, tool uses, and integrations.
What will you do?
- You bring your brain to work. You’re not a rookie and you know how to assess a situation or platform and recommend possible solutions
- Because you’re a seasoned professional, you know what needs to be done and you know how to work with stakeholders to make it happen
- Create and contribute to test automation and performance strategies
- Write tests based on your deep testing knowledge
- Research root causes around issues and identify, recommend and implement solutions
- Provide formal and informal knowledge transition and/or hands-on training with other team members
- Explain your ideas and designs to successfully convince, motivate, and inspire stakeholders and team members
- Collaborate with peers, Product Managers, Developers, and leadership throughout the entire product lifecycle
Who are you?
- 7+ years of experience as either an Architect, Senior Software Tester, Software Developer in Test and/or Quality Engineer within different SDLC methodologies (Agile, waterfall, iterative, etc.)
- Expertise and a strong understanding of Object Oriented programming principles and able to make recommendations on how to consult on “coding to support automation”
- Intermediate to Advanced experience in Web Services (SOAP, REST) and automated testing tools (like Selenium WebDriver API, SoapUI, Cucumber, etc.) and performance testing strategies
- Experience with scripting languages, preferably Windows Powershell and Batch scripting
- Ability to integrate third party APIs/tools from GITHUB
- Strong working knowledge and implementation practice of software development life-cycle and testing tools
- Industry-specific public speaking, White Paper authoring or similar publishing experience
- Proven contribution to and consumer within the greater software testing/QA/QE community
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
EMS Software is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status. We are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce, supporting integrity in the workplace and an entrepreneurial atmosphere.