Travelers Haven seeks a Software Engineer with strong abstract problem-solving abilities to join our Engineering team. You will work directly with the executive team and the employees using our software to help shape the future of our company. Our team is small but focused on shipping quality product. The ideal candidate for this position is willing and able to work full-stack as needed but gravitates more towards the front-end systems side.
This is an in-office position. As a small team we do best if everyone is on the same schedule and can collaborate face-to-face when needed. The right candidate wants to be a go to resource for their areas of responsibility, share what they know and learn from teammates.
Out of area candidates are encouraged to apply IF they can commit to being in Denver within four weeks after receiving an offer.
How We Work:
- We ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments. Test results, deployments, and production monitoring alerts are posted to Slack.
- We do two-week sprints (Scrum). Outside of daily standups and weekly sprint planning and retrospectives, we keep meetings to an absolute minimum to maximize development time.
- We play to each team member’s strengths. Whether you skew frontend or backend, you’ll primarily be using the skills you’re best at and enjoy the most, but be expected to jump in anywhere as needed.
- We currently all use Macs for development
- Angularjs experience a plus
- Strong computer science problem-solving ability for creating, testing, and optimizing scalable algorithms.
- Good communication skills. Whether it's interfacing with a client via email or working with an internal team communication is paramount for our team's continued success.
- Experience with high-volume, public-facing production applications and performance testing.
- Experience with implementing web application security best practices.
The ideal candidate would have experience with the following:
We are unable to provide sponsorship.
What we provide:
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K and supplemental insurance plan benefits
- Paid gym membership and organic fruit delivery.
- Free parking, free option for secure bike storage.
- Discounted Wireless Service plans
- Company sponsored events, holiday parties, and volunteer opportunities.