Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we've brought together the world's most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes-approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers, delivering unparalleled insight into user behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you're an employee here, this is a place where you'll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You'll Have
At Return Path, "Big Data" is a big deal! We're swimming in data, terabytes of it, and we need a few smart, versatile software engineers to help us solve the most pressing challenges in the email industry. For example, we process data from 100+ million email messages every day, and build useful products powered by all that data. If you love solving complex problems in a simple way, have solid programming skills and are passionate about achieving meaningful business results, then you may be the right fit as a Software Engineer at Return Path.
As a Software Engineer here, you will be working alongside other dedicated and passionate engineers, product managers and data analysts, to build the backend to power the next generation of Return Path applications to solve the most pressing challenges in the email industry, and to help people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. While you don't need a fancy degree to work here, you do need to embrace learning and continuous improvement, have a strong technical skill set, and favor simple solutions over complex ones. The people we hire are pragmatic, versatile, data-driven and self-directed.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- API/server development experience
- We use Go, Python, and PHP for our backend systems, and Angular for our Web applications
- We require strong familiarity with Linux systems
- We are heavy users of Docker and our deployment platform is Kubernetes in AWS
- An analytical mind with a strong grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Experience developing and maintaining distributed systems
- Experience with test-driven development, continuous integration, continuous deployment
- Interest in working on an Agile/lean team
- Prior experience handling reliability, troubleshooting, and day-to-day deployment/monitoring operations for the products that you developed
- A proven track record of self-motivation and determination to learn
- Willingness to learn from and to teach your colleagues
- Deep experience with relational databases
- Understanding secure coding (best practices and concepts) is a big plus
- Large volume data processing (MapReduce, Spark, etc) is a big plus
- Knowledge of email technology (SMTP, DKIM, MIME, etc) is a plus
- Active contributions to Open Source projects is a plus
We are looking for someone to work in our Broomfield. In addition to the above, you must be a good fit at Return Path. To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great sense of humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits-it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.