Software Engineer MTS 1
Fanatics Needs You!
What you'll do: As a Software Engineer in the Cloud Commerce team at Fanatics, you will have the opportunity to work on multi-tenant distributed systems and micro service architecture. The team specializes in running high throughput, reliable services; our applications sustain sudden bursts of traffic to serve Sports Fanatics all with an uptime in excess of 99.99%. You will design, develop and support the core platform and services on Cloud and onPremise serving individuals and organizations.
Who You Are:
• You are passionate about building scalable systems and have experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems and performance analysis.
• You have expertise developing on the JVM, including asynchronous I/O, and concurrency.
• You value a great tech stack, and constantly think about developer productivity and software lifecycle
• You are the go-to troubleshooter when it comes to triaging complex problems and finding the needle in the haystack.
• BS or MS in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Expertise with Java. Experience with Golang or C++/C# a plus.
• 5+ Years of Software Development experience
• Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation).
• Expertise in service oriented architecture, distributed systems
• Ability to effectively articulate and drive solutions to technical and business challenges
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
• Excellent interpersonal communication with strong verbal / written English skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.