Software Engineer III
The Software Engineer III (SW III) will be responsible for development efforts toward the creation, implementation, and support of existing and next-generation software solutions. The SW III will analyze, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs. This role is responsible for interacting with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Gathers and writes technical requirements for complex stories and features. Designs smaller stories within a feature. May author technical designs and takes responsibility for features.
- Codes web applications following specifications and using the appropriate tools. Follows best practices.
- Maintains and modifies existing applications.
- Identifies internal/external issues of limited scope and drives to resolution. Proactively seeks and fixes defects.
- Contributes to project document reviews, and design/code reviews.
- Adheres to IT Control Policies throughout design, development, and testing.
- Works with cross-functional teams and interacts with internal business partners to verify/clarify business requirements and design decisions.
- Engages team to review ideas, solutions, issues, and/or concerns.
- Applies AGILE concepts and works collaboratively and closely with QA in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Generates supporting unit test as well as system test specifications and implementations; can build automated tests.
- May train and mentor new team members as needed.
Essential / Required Skills:
- Strong Java developer
- Object Oriented Design and Development skills, including understanding of common design patterns.
- Some experience with Containerization and container orchestration.
- Some experience with AWS cloud service
- Web application, Client/server programming experience.
- Restful and SOAP services
- Relation Database & SQL Experience
- Agile/Scrum process experience
- Basic understanding of some networking protocols [TCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SSL] and interfaces.
- Linux / UNIX
- Code versioning – svn , git, etc.
- Build tools – maven , gradle, etc
- Proficient with multiple technologies and may have some understanding of design principles.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and possesses a proven track record of high quality deliverables.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to technical staff and is able to work effectively with cross-functional departments with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Understands and is able to explain up and downstream impacts across products and teams.
- Constructively challenges the status quo; develops, proposes, and supports the implementation of innovative and creative solutions. Iterates and improves upon domain technology.
- Displays flexibility in adapting to changing conditions.
- Strong team player, makes a valuable contribution to team objectives, displays trust and mutual understanding, accepts constructive feedback, and handles confrontation constructively.
- Proficient understanding of and ability to apply the AGILE methodology; competent AGILE team member
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- BS Degree in Computer Science.
- Requires 4-6 years of experience in software development.
- Prior experience working in an AGILE/SCRUM environment.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team on multiple overlapping projects.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Certificate-based authentication, cryptography
- Experience in System integration/ B2B integrations / SCM / MMIS / ERP development or integration is a plus.
- EDI Experience is a plus
- Exposure to UI framework like Angular is a plus
- SSL and java cryptography programming experience.
- Load testing using any toolset.
- Functional and behavioral testing using any toolset
- Exposure to CICD process using Jenkins/ hudson, bamboo or something similar.
- Spring is a plus
- Familiarity with centralized log management solution
- Data analytics is a plus
- Team player with a good attitude