Software Development Engineer In Test (Automation Engineer)
Webroot is seeking a Software Development Engineer with experience in building automated tests and implementing testing frameworks. In this position you will be an integral part of product releases for Webroot's numerous cutting edge Web Security applications and services. You will get the opportunity to work with our team of talented engineers to facilitate development and testing of the next generation of our cybersecurity applications.
- Participate in all aspects of product delivery, including review of design documents, user stories, acceptance criteria, and functional specifications
- Develop test tools and test automation scripts that will help with the delivering of the product.
- Interpret product specifications and develop comprehensive test design/plan to perform functional and load testing
- Perform the required tests to validate the feature’s functionalities and performance, and communicate the progress to the team.
- Configure and maintain testing environment being used by the team for testing
- Working together with other teams to deliver the team goals and objectives.
- Take ownership of the product quality for the project assigned to work on.
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated and passionate about ensuring product release confidence and quality
- Experience with developing test tools, and automated testing of software components/objects
- Experience in one or more programing/script languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, C#, Python, Shell Script, etc.)
- Experience testing web service and technologies (e.g. REST and JSON, XML, HTTP, Web Server, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigm/concept.
- Solid understanding of techniques and approaches for testing test software components/objects
- Solid understanding of the full software development life cycle
- Solid understanding of Windows, Mac and mobile Operating Systems, able to install and configure a new system when required.
- Very adaptive to a fast changing environment, willing and able to acquire new skills as required
- Able to communicate and collaborate effectively with people with a wide range of technical backgrounds and experiences
- Degree in Computer Science or relate field
At Webroot, we do more than secure our customers' personal computers, mobile devices and networks. We also nurture our employees' most critical assets – their talents, experience, and career aspirations. Webroot has the energy of a start-up with the strength and stability of an Internet security market leader. We foster the innovative culture you'd expect of a company that's making a statement. Webroot is a company in which you can invest yourself fully, knowing that you're not only protecting our customers around the world, but also that your talents and innovation will be recognized and rewarded. We encourage you to learn more about us and explore our job openings. Secure your future. Ensure the same for your career. Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.