Site Reliability Engineer
As a Site Reliability Engineer on the Healthgrades team you will support all the major web components for Healthgrades.com and other customer-facing services including the management and provisioning of Amazon Web Services (AWS) instances, Windows administration, Solr data administration, and web product release support. As part of this fast-paced team, you will implement the latest DevOps best practices and processes such as automation, continuous delivery and service monitoring all within a dynamic work environment.
The right candidate will have a desire to learn fast, cross over boundaries and drive innovation to help Healthgrades achieve success in product delivery for a highly integrated, multi-discipline engineering organization.
What you will do:
- Implement the latest DevOps practices and processes, such as automation, continuous deliver and service monitoring.
- Collaborate with architects, software engineers and configuration managers to improve software delivery, configuration management, site monitoring and site performance.
- Advise and assist across teams to improve site uptime, reduce service incidents and outages, and accelerate software deployments.
- Demonstrate excellent technology leadership and decision-making
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Drive agile SDLC best practices, continuous integration and delivery (CI-CD) in a squad as part of a progressive, agile organizational structure.
What you will bring:
- Possess a deep curiosity of the latest and greatest in technology and infrastructure. Have a desire towards self-education of unknown territories.
- Possess the confidence and humility to create an environment of open and candid collaboration.
- Have a test-and-learn mentality – pivot quickly when not successful.
- Understand the value of going fast vs. doing it right in a regulated environment.
- Strong Cloud platform experience (AWS)
- Experience creating environments using infrastructure automation tools like Terraform and Cloud Formation.
- Strong experience with CI/CD technologies (Jenkins)
- Expertise with at least one scripting language (ideally would be Python, PowerShell or Bash)
- Experience working in containerized environments using tools like Docker, Kubernetes or Mesos.
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and energetic work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – helping millions of Americans connect with their healthcare providers
- Changing the Game - evolving, fast paced culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- partnering with local charity organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!