Site Reliability Engineer (SCM)
Within a Dev-Ops culture, the Site Reliability Engineer (SCM) - Software Configuration Engineer III will assist with cross functional collaboration to support the GHX product development lifecycle including administration of tools for continuous integration (CI). Responsible for CM version control administration, assistance with and/or development of build automation, again, in support of CI. Assist with and/or development of deployment automation in order to support an effort towards Continuous Delivery (CD).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for administering Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or cloud based provisioning and delivery solutions
- Responsible for maintaining and administrating version control
- Provide version control administration, support, best practices and training as needed
- Collaborate with development on branching strategies and policies
- Responsible for script/software automation for configuration management tasks
- Responsible for resolution of configuration problems that may occur during builds or implementation of software releases.
- Work with cross functional development product delivery teams to clearly understand, communicate, and document changes in a given software release.
- Participates in project planning of change management tasks, in alignment with existing overall software development lifecycle.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining SCM, Change and Release Management process and standards documentation.
- Responsible for administration of software packaging and deployment to production and non-production environments.
- Responsible for administration and support of asset repository system
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or HS Diploma required plus relevant work experience
- 3+ years of Software Configuration Management experience, including software builds, scripting and release management
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow established procedures
- Use and/or administration of Atlassian STASH and GIT
- Familiarity with “Maven” based Repository Management technology (Artifactory, Archiva, Sonatype Nexus, etc.)
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology, planning, effective ability to influence and negotiate successful outcomes
- Proven experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and or similar cloud provisioning services
- Proven experience working with continuous integration environment and tools (ex: Bamboo, Team City, Jenkins, Maven, GIT, Chef and/or Puppet…)
- A working understanding of GIT workflow code branching, merge and tagging techniques.
- Proven ability to function within a fast-paced and high pressure environment.
- Windows and Unix OS proficiency.
- Python, Lambda, Gradle, Json, MSBuild, Ant, Maven, Perl, Power Shell, Unix and/or Windows scripting experience.
- Ability to understand and work with complex build scripts.
- Experience with developing build and deployment automation solutions.
- Familiarity with ITIL or MOF Change Management concepts (desired)
- Familiarity with Mongo/Oracle/SQL Server and RDBMS concepts (desired)
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.