Senior WordPress Developer
We want to be the best. That’s why we hire the best. As the 2018 winner of Digiday’s Worklife Award for Most Passionate Employees at an Agency, we thrive on challenging, rewarding, purpose-driven work. We’re looking for skilled individuals like you - for professionals full of talent, but not of themselves.
Adtaxi is a client-centric digital organization that brings scale, precision, and sophistication to digital marketing. Leveraging the belief that people matter as much as technology, we help advertisers solve complex marketing challenges with custom, performance-driven solutions.
We are a Facebook Small Business Solutions Partner, a Google Premier Partner, and the recipient of the 2016 Google Channel Sales Innovator Award - US; this prestigious award, the only one in the innovation category presented to a U.S. company, recognizes the leading-edge technology of our Quantum Optimization Platform.
The MNG Digital Product & Development team is leading the company's digital transformation through strategic new initiatives focused on how news content gets distributed, how communities engage with DFM news properties, and how revenue is generated in an industry undergoing rapid change.
We are seeking a strong, highly creative WordPress Developer to be part of the team as we continue to create new news sites and advanced features on our in-house built WordPress VIP content management system. This person will be intellectually curious, eager to learn about news media and how technology can help chart its future course, and, in general, through collaboration and participation with other developers, product managers, and others, improve the organization as a whole.
Specifically, the Developer will:
Be ready, willing, and able to think through complex problems, help fix them, mentor and support others, think outside the box and ask questions.
Have strong experience and understanding in PHP, the WordPress Framework and WordPress REST API.
Have a minimum understanding of all of the following, and be able to demonstrate working knowledge in most of it:
- Object Oriented Programming
- Software design patterns
- Experience with GraphQL helpful
- REST Services
- GIT Version Control
- Command Line $BASH etc.
- Web server technology - Apache, NGINX or similar
- Experience with Document Object Model (DOM) and Regex helpful
Work closely with a team of product and development experts to ideate, design, and develop a variety of next generation news and advertising products
Resolve site issues and oversee testing associated with maintenance and measuring success metrics
Carry out other duties as may be assigned or requested
- Has a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Detail oriented, well organized, able to thrive in deadline driven environment while working on a number of projects simultaneously and independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with consumer-facing web sites and user experience.
- Proven expertise in third-party integrations.
- Experience working in an Agile environment helpful, but not required.
- Experience with Chrome/Firefox debugger and development tools helpful.
- Grow expertise by proactively remaining current with trends within digital media technologies.
This is a full-time, salaried position, W-2 only (no corp to corp). Position based in Denver, CO, but will consider remote applicants on a case by case basis.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.