Senior Technical Engineer
EMS Software is seeking a highly technical liaison to the EMS and customer implementation teams to provide technical solutions that meet customer needs. The successful candidate will possess expertise in the application and application infrastructure to design, support, and educate individuals on effective technical solutions, architecture, and best practices to successfully integrate, migrate, and implement complex business requirements associated with the EMS platform at an enterprise level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leader in providing an extraordinary customer experience through rapid, accurate technical assistance and resolution to the most complicated and highest priority requests. Viewed as a trusted advisor by all stakeholders (customers, EMS team members, etc.). A high degree of creativity, judgement and latitude is expected. Provides product insight and analysis to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the EMS Professional Services team and the customer experience. Establishes a strong relationship with strategic customers.
- Provides technical leadership in preparation for and during client implementation including overseeing the translation of high level business requirements into technical specifications for complex implementation requirements.
- Analyzes customer requirements to provide architecture and configuration recommendations that meet the business needs and expected outcomes in a scalable, sustainable solution
- Acts as subject matter expert for advanced technical design, installation, and integration support of EMS application to ensure successful deployment.
- Advises clients on advanced system requirements, hardware and technical configurations.
- Executes software installations and upgrades, review customer-completed installations, execute and troubleshoot server and technical software configurations.
- Serves as an integration product expert, demonstrating robust product knowledge including an advanced understanding of APIs, MS SQL, MS Exchange, Active Directory, CAS authentication, SAML authentication, application networking, & IIS within on premise or hosted environments.
- Provides guidance, training, and resource development to actively advance the technical, application, and environmental knowledge of the Professional Services team
- Accepts responsibility for the resolution of the most complicated and highest priority application and environmental issues. Creatively devise reasonable workarounds for undesirable results, if possible.
- Designs and executes data migration and data conversion strategies in support of pre-sales discovery and solution implementation.
- Support large enterprise customers as they develop customized uses for the core EMS products and services.
- Applies industry and functional best practices as applicable to each customer to insure a scalable, sustainable solution.
- Focuses on customer go-live and success in all project activities.
- Contributes to the collective wisdom of the Professional Services team by documenting solutions as needed for future reference
- Role and responsibilities supporting customer base may require travel up to 50% and working non-standard hours to accommodate customer time zones, work schedules, and execution timeframes.
- Must be flexible to work weekends, off hours or holidays as per business needs.
Leadership: Actively listens and engages as a trusted adviser for colleagues and customers. Is a self-motivated team player ready to embrace a fast paced, high growth environment. Recognized internally as an individual with high technical acumen who is resourceful and always exploiting opportunities to increase their technical competencies.
Training Delivery: Displays an aptitude and joy for personalizing training to the technical level of the audience. Ability to create knowledge transfer training to be presented via the phone, web or in person.
Analytical Ability: Demonstrates ability to apply advanced troubleshooting methodology to collect and analyze relevant information to resolve customer issues efficiently. Uses current methods or develops new methods of accomplishing research and collection of analytical data and information from a variety of sources. Ability to integrate and coordinate multiple and related functions, subjects, issues and situations to present and recommend solutions in a logical, cohesive format. Knowledge of a range of analytical techniques, criteria and methodologies.
Customer Success: Has experience in reducing time-to-live/time-to-value by applying technical solutions. Has a proven track record of customer success in implementation. Self-manages, organizes, and prioritizes multiple project tasks simultaneously. Multi-tasks and functions efficiently with very aggressive schedules/timelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in technology or business or 5+ years’ experience in applicable field
- 3+ years in a consulting role within a Professional Services or Client Services organization preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication. The ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders of various levels of technical competency (end users, database administrators, C-level information officers)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience within multi-node services, load balancing, and business continuity planning within to sustain an efficient application architecture
- Able to learn, embrace, and excel in new applications and technologies quickly and competently
- Strong SQL skills including ability to write efficient queries and scripts to identify, insert, remove, and update data within a SQL database based on a stakeholder needs or use cases
- Good working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory to support the ability to provide guidance and configuration support of multiple web applications
- Proven implementation and troubleshooting experience with common identity management solutions and authentication strategies including LDAP, ADFS, SAML, CAS, and OpenID
- 1-3 years’ experience with Hosted/Cloud based solutions to comfortably navigate and support on premise, hosted, and hybrid application infrastructures
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft SQL and .NET applications to support installation, configuration, and navigation within database server environments
- The ability to analyze customer requirements to provide architecture and configuration recommendations that meet the business needs and expected outcomes in a scalable, sustainable solution
- EMS Software or meeting management software experience a plus
- Experience and proven deliverables associated with version control and management of iterative deliverables
EMS Software is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status. We are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce, supporting integrity in the workplace and an entrepreneurial atmosphere.