Who are we?
We’re Dice, eFinancialCareers and ClearanceJobs, services of DHI Group, Inc. — where we're connecting futures now. We help connect professionals with the careers they want and companies with the talent they need, and we achieve this by providing online access to relevant and meaningful jobs, candidates, and insights within each of the communities we serve.
Why work with us?
We provide opportunities for you to contribute to our success, within a collaborative team where your opinion matters!
We challenge you to do exciting work while helping you grow your career!
We offer competitive pay, benefits and programs for you and your family to live healthy and secure!
We host social events for you to connect with others across our company and markets!
We serve the communities where we're located, and the causes important to you!
What is this opportunity?
Senior Software Engineer
DHI is looking for a highly engaged Senior Software Engineer to design and develop internal and external web services and integrate with clients and other web services. You will be part of an Agile team culture with people who enjoy shared goals and releasing new product features often. If you like to learn, you will like it here. Our best developers are adept at picking up new things and thrive in our multidisciplinary environment where there are many challenging problems to solve.
The successful candidate will be a competent Java/J2EE Developer and ideally will have worked in all phases of the project life-cycle. We are looking for a positive, flexible and hands-on engineer who is passionate about using emerging technologies and writing quality code. You will be part of a high caliber team consisting of tech, product, and DevOps working in short iterations, building production-ready software.
· Designs, develops, and implements web-based Java Rest APIs and applications to support business requirements.
· Work with UX design to design, create and implement UI components that are engaging and easy to use.
· Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs development and testing.
· Develop unit and integration tests to test your code and integrating with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
· Generate swagger and other API documentation
· Work with both existing server side rendered pages (JSP) as well as develop responsive Angular based elements and applications for multiple form factors
· Quick learner, one who can thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Collaborate with Architecture and other team members on the design of projects.
What are we requiring for this role?
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
· Six (6) or more years’ experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing, and deploying application systems in a business environment.
· Experience developing within an Agile environment
· Commercial RESTful API design and implementation experience
· Experience working in AWS and/or utilizing AWS services.
· Experience working with partners and 3rd parties in integrating with their API’s
· Experience with Git and GitHub
· Requires experience with the following technologies:
· Skills: Core Java, Gradle, Spring Framework, Hibernate, RESTful Web Services, Angular
· Databases: Postgres, MongoDB
· O/S: Linux
· Experience with Tomcat and Java Web apps is preferred.
· Team player who exhibits effective interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
· Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools: Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Code Pipeline/Deploy, Terraform or others
· Experience with Google Analytics and SEO concepts and validation a plus
· Experience with AWS environment utilizing API Gateway, Lambda Functions, SQS, SNS, S3, DynamoDB, EC2, Step Functions and more is preferred.