Senior Software Engineer
Kapost is the world's leading provider of content marketing software, powering the content operations of more than 100 companies. We're growing fast and are looking to add to our talented team.
At Kapost, we believe software development is an art. To that end our culture is centered around hiring exceptional engineers who are empowered with creative freedom and autonomy. Through a focus on quality, collaboration and user experience, we build projects that have a big impact. Our team is made up of extraordinary individuals, both personally and professionally, and we plan on always keeping it that way. You can read more about our culture here: http://bit.ly/kapost-culture
We are a small team that moves fast, so you will be given significant responsibility. We work in multidisciplinary product teams with engineers, product managers, and designers. We maintain a healthy mix of senior engineers and exceptional junior engineers.
In this role you will be responsible for helping to craft our SaaS product, mostly in the form of Rails-based microservices and React user interfaces. You will build services that consume 3rd party APIs in order to improve our product capabilities by leveraging a diversity of integrations. In addition to the individual applications you will be helping to craft our shared open and closed source libraries used across our infrastructure. While there is a desire for you to have experience across the entire stack, its okay you’re interested in focusing on the front or back end.
- Creatively solve business challenges using Rails, React, and Redux
- Confidently build Rails API interfaces that are scalable, easy to document, and fun to use.
- Conceptualize and create simple solutions when adapting our product to new integrations
- Carefully manage both document and sql data stores, handling large amounts of customer data
- Work closely with product and design teams to design simple, powerful, innovative user experiences (web and mobile)
- Continuously improve your team's productivity through automation and process improvement
- Future-proof your work through a combination of thoughtful monitoring, automated testing, refactoring, and modularization.
- Lead by example in the area of code review and architecture
- Mentoring and teaching others on the team through pairing
- Comfortable implementing features across the entire stack,
- Expertise in either Rails or React and Redux
- You have at least a few years of professional experience building applications.
- You care about the details and take ownership over what you're involved in.
- You value simplicity, but also performance.
- You're a good person.
- You know how to problem solve effectively, especially when debugging and designing.
What it’s like to work here:
We know how to get things done and have fun while we’re doing it. We respect your boundaries and don't hire jerks. Our culture is well-defined and our work environment is pretty informal. While we take our jobs seriously, we don’t take ourselves so seriously. We believe in empowerment, autonomy, and flexibility – so you get to determine how you work and where you work. And if/when you want a vacation, you can work with your team to determine how much and how long. We focus on results.
We believe culture isn’t about how many foosball or ping pong tables you have. It’s about how you support each other and win together. So at Kapost we actively work to accelerate your career. On your first day we ask you to envision your last day. What do you want your resume to say by the time you leave Kapost? Then we proactively set up mutually aligned goals to help you reach your career aspirations. So while you help us with our adaptability we help you with your marketability.
We have a transparent working environment, so you’ll know all about goals, strategies, financials, etc. And you’d be working with people who genuinely care about each other, the occasional (quiet) dog in the office, and no jerks. We know how to play so there’s plenty of beer (or water…whatever you’re into), retreats, impromptu celebrations, and company provided all-employee lunches every week.
Our offices are on the famed Pearl St Mall in downtown in Boulder, CO. You’ll know Boulder to be America’s happiest, fittest, foodiest town filled with more than 300 days of sunshine. We’re brimming with bike paths that transport you all around town and running/biking paths that are a few blocks from the office for the morning, noon or evening fun. If you don’t live in/near Boulder then you’ll also be happy to know that the school systems are among the top in the state, cost of living is accessible, commutes range from the “I can’t believe I just rode my bike 5 minutes to work” to “wow, that 15 minute cross-town traffic was just a bear today” commutes, and we are a short drive from Denver. Our offices are in walking distance to top restaurants, offering great food and after-work fun. What could be better?!
Interested? Apply now and join our amazing team!