Senior Software Engineer in Test
Carbon Black is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test who enjoys digging into complex engineering challenges. If you are the kind of engineer who wants to grow technically while making a meaningful contribution to cutting edge software that does some good in the world, join Carbon Black!
To make something easy for others requires skill, and we are looking for that kind of skill to design and implement an automation framework to test our server software. We need a framework on which tests can be built quickly and with ease by the developers on our team. We want someone who can design it, train others how to add automated tests to it, and extend it as new needs arise. If there is a desire to join product development, you'll be encouraged to transition to a developer role with the full support of a friendly, seasoned engineering team.
What You’ll Do
• Build out an automation architecture that supports the rapid construction of tests
• Develop system, software, and component test plans, automated tests, and supporting libraries
• Train other engineers on your team so that they can contribute automated tests easily
• Be an active participant in guiding the automation effort
• Bring best practices into that effort
You'll not only get to experience owning, leading, and guiding an engineering effort, but you'll also benefit from a highly supportive, cooperative team. If interested, there is opportunity to transition within the space of a year to work on product code as well automation code.
What You’ll Bring
• 5+ years’ experience with object-oriented programming (Python would be a plus)
• Strong experience developing automated tests and/or automated testing frameworks (Selenium, git, or Jenkins experience would be a plus)