Senior Software Engineer, MTS 2
This role is a Member of Technical Staff, where you’ll be responsible for determining the best solutions for business problems. You’ll be called upon to use your experience and knowledge to help guide the technical direction of the team. This is a full-stack role, so you’re as comfortable diving in to build a new service as you are adding new user experience. You like to own your infrastructure and are as capable of solving a problem caused by AWS issues as you are writing a new algorithm. If you’re unfamiliar with these or other problems, you’re comfortable searching for a workable solution on your own.
What are the challenges you'll take on?
- You will deliver powerful services & experiences for the business and end users
- You will write clean, safe, tested code & leading your team towards the same
- Own high performance, distributed services
- Ensure that applications are tested and deployed without human intervention
- You will grow yourself and shape your team to continue taking on additional responsibility and new challenges
What are we looking for from you?
- Pragmatism — you’re biased for action, delivering small pieces that grow over time
- Teamwork - you work well with others, building strong relationships with peers, clients and management
- Creativity in problem solving & autonomy
- You'll be expected to work directly with PMs to design scalable solutions
- You will independently find opportunities to build tooling to improve the lives of our engineers as well as users
- Technical knowledge
- You have familiarity with current cloud technologies (AWS preferred)
- You are familiar with or prepared to learn about:
- Infrastructure (as code)
- Databases/data modeling
- Data warehouse technologies (Redshift, Hadoop or similar)
- Continuous Integration & Delivery
- You are capable of learning new topics when unfamiliar
- You have a desire to learn and grow, push yourself and your team, and share lessons with others
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.