Senior Software Engineer - Java/ Scala
Job Title: Senior SoftwareEngineer
Location: Denver, CO
Position Type: Full-time
Position Level: Senior
As a Senior Software Engineer at Xactly, you'll be an essential member of a fast moving agile development team building the latest Xactly products. You will contribute to all aspects from design and development to deployment and support working alongside product management and customer support. You'll be responsible for taking personal ownership in both your code and others, this includes ensuring proper tests, documentation and communication around development.
Xactly's engineering team is a tight-knit rapidly growing team with diverse backgrounds. We have people that came from startups, Fortune 500's, and everywhere in between. We pride ourselves in building teams with diversity of opinions in order to build the best software possible. We understand that not everyone works the same way and strive to create a flexible open environment to allow you to create the work/life balance that works best for you.
THE SKILL SET
- 5+ years of experience in web application development and architecture.
- Extensive experience using open source software libraries
- Strong experience in at least one MVC architecture or application of the pattern
- Solid hands on experience with Java and/ or Scala
- Experience working with Spring framework
- Experience in an agile (Scrum) development process
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or other relevant technical degree or equivalent experience
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL
- Become familiar with the code base, development processes, and deployments.
- Become familiar with the product as customers will use it
- You may even have your first PR approved and in production.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Become a contributor to the overall code base.
- Have PRs approved and deployed to production
- Contribute to design
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Working more autonomously and closer with product
- Helping troubleshoot issues
- Contribute new ideas to the product and development
- Be responsible for managing and monitoring the continuous integration and deployment for the product
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL
- Become a team leader
- A goto person for Scala at Xactly.
- Mentor other developers
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Parking & Commuter Benefits
- Up to (3) Days Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match
THE XACTLY STORY:
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. We address a critical business need: to incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our solutions allow organizations to make better strategic decisions, optimize behaviors, increase sales and employee performance, improve margins, increase operational efficiencies, mitigate risk, design better incentive compensation plans, and reduce error rates in incentive compensation calculations.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.