Healthgrades is focused on providing trusted information that helps consumers and providers make meaningful connections. As aSenior Software Engineer on the OAS (Online Appointment Scheduling) Platform Squad, you will collaborate with designers, developers, agile coaches and product managers to develop and support Healthgrades’ suite of online appointment scheduling platforms, frameworks, and administrative applications. You will drive delivery of quality solutions from the team, and ensure our healthcare clients have the support needed to integrate with Healthgrades scheduling solutions. You will also collaborate with other teams in the web engineering organization to set standards, technology and architecture direction, and ensure consistent, high-quality solutions. Apply today if this is the type of impact you would like to make!
What You Will Do:
- Develop and support Healthgrades’ suite of online appointment scheduling platforms, frameworks, and administrative applications
- Design, build, maintain, and access RESTful APIs for 3rd party integrations
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team and stakeholders in an agile development environment
- Receive and provide mentorship and code reviews for team members
- Participate in client facing discussions related to technical requirements, timelines and troubleshooting
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, or a related field is required.
- Strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- 5+ years of professional web development in a high-traffic, public-facing web environment
- Strong understanding of Web APIs / HTTP / REST / JSON and tools such as Postman
- Strong understanding of databases (SQL Server) and search engines (Solr)
- Work with business and technical team members to design and implement new systems from the bottom up - both internal and client facing
- Own a project from start to finish with appropriate problem-solving skills and able to drive common understandings of technical topics, including with non-technical stakeholders
- Significant experience with agile/scrum methodology with a strong understanding of current software development principles
- Proficient with Git
- Test-driven development (TDD) and creating unit tests.
- Preferred experience with the following technologies: C#, Node.JS, React.JS, webpack and GUI; familiarity with Cloud services (AWS) and microservice architecture, a plus
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and energetic work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – helping millions connect with their healthcare providers
- Changing the Game - fast paced culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders- partnering with local organizations and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts & more!