Senior Software Architect
At Workiva we create best-in-class, next-generation collaborative solutions for enterprise productivity. We pride ourselves on bringing the consumer level user experience to business users. We love our customers, and they love us back. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems. Workiva’s core product, Wdesk, is being used by thousands of companies globally, including 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We boast a 96% customer satisfaction rating.
We believe great systems are the result of elegant design, simple solutions, and superb collaboration with some of the best teams in the industry. We believe in small, empowered teams. We promote openness through open source contributions (github.com/workiva). We are committed to consistently pushing boundaries to create powerful, innovative solutions to real world problems.
What You’ll Do
As a Software Architect you will work with product teams to turn business requirements into technical implementation plans through prototyping, research, and design; to provide mentoring and technical oversight to a wide range of distributed product teams, and to leverage existing technologies available through Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
- You will work with product management to identify customer needs and requirements
- You will design components, services, and patterns within our microservice-based ecosystem
- You will assist in the development and testing of code and have architectural oversight over components, services, and products
- You will work with the architecture group to help define the company’s overall technical vision, architecture principles, and technical strategy.
- You will work with teams to implement agile processes and techniques to enable them to build products consistent with the technical vision and architecture best practices
- Develop strategies and architectures that enable teams to meet goals
- Guide technical direction of company by producing written material, talks and work with teams and individuals to explain company vision to drive shared understanding
- Educate developers on best practices and trends in the industry through mentorship, internal presentations, and workshops
- Present content at national conferences on technology trends and best practices in software development, establishing Workiva as a thought leader in software development
- Ensure industry standards in microservices and cloud-based architectures are leveraged properly across a range of distributed services
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, SE or related field required
- 10+ Years of experience in a senior software engineering role
- Expertise in Google Cloud Platform (including GAE, GCE, GCS) or Amazon Web Services (including EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, RDS) required
- Expert level programming experience in Python, Java, or Go
- Expertise in design, development, and support of Microservices / Distributed Systems
- Expertise in data modeling and database systems (both relational and no-SQL systems)
- Expertise in system design patterns to produce systems that are robust, scalable, and highly performant
- Experience in RESTful, library, or system API design and implementation expertise a must.
- Excellent technical communication skills, both written and verbal
Where You'll Work:
- Check out our Muse Page
- Check out our Tech Blog