Senior Site Reliability Engineer
At Workiva (NYSE:WK) we create best-in-class solutions for enterprise productivity. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue. We love our customers, and they love us back.
Workiva's Site Reliability Engineering team is looking for experienced software developers who wish to expand their background to Site Reliability Engineering. As a member of our Site Reliability Engineering team, you will work to increase and maintain our SaaS product's availability, focusing on exceeding our customer's uptime requirements. In order to achieve the greatest availability possible, Site Reliability Engineers develop tools, systems, and automation to help monitor, measure, manage and make transparent, our cloud-based operations.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with application product teams to fully understand and resolve issues, concerns, and problems that might otherwise impede the delivery of high quality solutions
- Think holistically about changes and issues. Recognizes the implications of work that addresses the needs and concerns of the entire Workiva customer base
- Create innovative solutions that have positive, long-term results
- Participate in our on-call rotations in support of all of Workiva's SaaS hosted environments
- Maintain and improve the reliability and operability of all infrastructure and infrastructure management services
- Write tools and leverage open source solutions to automate tasks with an emphasis on scalability and reliability
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance and reliability issues across the stack
- Collaborate with engineers to ensure services are designed to be cloud-native, scalable, and easily operated
Is this role right for me?
- Does automation drive you either personally or professionally?
- Do you love solving the really interesting problems?
- Do you want to be on the cutting edge of cloud technologies?
What You Will Need to Be Successful in This Role:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Google App Engine and/or Google Compute Engine
- Experience with software development methods
- Senior level experience in software engineering
- Experience managing, maintaining and operating systems management tools including logging, alerting, and performance on a large scale.
- Equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
Additional Bonus Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Apache, Nginx, and/or MySQL
- Knowledge of Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience with Shell & Python scripting
- Experience with systems performance tuning and load testing
- Experience with software and infrastructure automation
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field is preferred
Where You'll Work
- Muse Page: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/workiva
- Workiva Tech Blog: https://techblog.workiva.com/
- Workiva Newsroom: https://www.workiva.com/newsroom