Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Denver, CO
Function: Data Ops
Position Type: Full-time
Position Level: Mid - Senior
Named among the best workplaces in the U.S. by Great Place to Work for five years running, honored on FORTUNE Magazine’s inaugural list of the 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, and chosen as the “Market Leader in Incentive Compensation” by CRM magazine, Xactly is proud to be disrupting the incentive compensation market space. We’re building a culture of success and are looking for motivated professionals to join us!
As an SRE at Xactly, you will be filling a mission-critical role ensuring that our complex systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background as an operations generalist to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate is passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product. They will also believe automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
Not only do we offer strong growth opportunities for top performers, but we also have a top-notch culture, benefits (check them out below) and more. Our strong C.A.R.E. values – customer success, accountability, respect & excellence – guide our every move, allowing us to be a leader in the incentive compensation & performance management market. We set the example with excellent customer experience and deliver an award-winning SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) product!
- Serve as the primary contact responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of one or more of our Internet-facing services
- Obtain complete knowledge of our complex applications
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure platforms are designed with “operability” in mind
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation for second-tier escalations
- UNIX/Linux systems knowledge/administration background
- Troubleshooting skills that span systems, network, storage, and code
- Basic shell scripting skills
- 1 - 3 years in a UNIX-based large-scale web operations role
- Programming skills (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc)
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures and JVM configuration
- Understanding of configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Knowledge in majority of the following: data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, and other related topics
- Production experience with Map-reduce, Hadoop, and Hive, JBoss, Tomcat
- Knowledge of load balancers such as HAProxy, Cisco ACE, etc.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing)
- Ability to work well in a diverse, collaborative, and cross-functional team environment (SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.)
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Free Parking & Commuter Benefits
- Up to (3) Days, Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match