Senior Mechanical Engineer
Spark is a venture-backed startup looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer. Our perfect candidate has demonstrated leadership and mentorship skills as well as experience in sheet metal or consumer goods.
At Spark, you will lead our mechanical team by providing mentorship, professional growth, and design feedback. You will also work as a direct contributor on subsystems and parts. Ultimately you and your team will be responsible for supporting your designs through manufacturing and customer release.
The work will require creativity, persistence, adaptability in a rapidly evolving business environment, a passion for the unknown, and solid knowledge of mechanical product development. We are looking for someone passionate who can take on an early-stage product, help mentor and grow the engineering team, and join us in our big, audacious goal of disrupting the outdoor grilling and cooking industry.
- Lead and mentor a team of 3-5 mechanical engineers.
- Own multiple parts and subassemblies of our Grill and Grill accessories.
- Support the manufacturing and DFM process to ensure that designs are producible.
- Perform mechanical analysis and create rigorous testing systems.
- Help make Spark an industry leader.
- 2+ years of experience managing and/or leading a team
- 3+ years of experience working in Solidworks.
- Ability to work independently, while also thriving in a collaborative small-team environment.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field required. Master’s Degree or equivalent experience desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience bringing sheet metal, cast, and deep drawn parts to market a strong plus.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS
- Generous equity package in a venture-backed startup
- Market based compensation
- A fun small-team environment, located right next door to the Rayback
- Plenty of room for professional growth as part of a small but growing team
The backyard barbecue is an American pastime, but we’ve lost something in our transition to the convenience of gas grills over the last 30 years. Eager to be rid of the messy and time-consuming experience of dumping a bag of charcoal on an aluminum grate and dousing it with lighter fluid, we embraced gas, on the promise it would do the job just as well. It doesn’t.
Spark combines the artisanship of the pre-gas era with the technology of today to give cooks the authenticity, taste and character of charcoal without all the hassle.