Senior Engineer - NPI
Senior Engineer - NPI
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, check out: https://www.builtincolorado.com/company/popsockets-llc
The Role: We at PopSockets LLC (PopSockets.com) would like to hire a Senior Engineer for NPI (New Product Introduction). We’re looking for someone who has a track record of successfully launching new products utilizing project management and problem solving to direct process development and production ramp up at multiple Asian contract manufacturers. We’re also looking for a conscientious, friendly person -- we are fun but hard-working, and we're looking for someone with similar spirit. We value people with positive energy, and we strive to have our workplace be someplace that you're excited to go to in the morning.
As our Senior Engineer, you will be working cross functionally with the PopSockets Engineering and Operations team as well as manufacturing partners World Wide to launch New Products. The Senior Engineer will report into the Operations Engineering Manager. The job is based in Boulder, CO. Travel (~25%) mostly but not exclusively to Asia will be a part of this job.
- Project/Program management as needed to ensure New Product Introduction tasks are completed resulting in on time New Product Introductions.
- Work on site with manufacturing partners to observe first shots, product bring up, manufacturing, quality and reliability processes. Resolve issues to qualify products as production ready.
- Direct process development for high yield mass production within capital and COGS targets.
- Identify and implement process improvements that reduce cost, increase quality and shorten lead times of tooling and production.
- Provide day to day NPI technical support as required for critical process and issues.
- Manage the development and verification of tooling, assembly fixtures, and work instructions.
- Participate in Design Reviews with Development Engineering to champion DFX for all variables in a product and process. Validate via appropriate quality and reliability testing
- Support with costing strategic initiatives.
- Mentor Junior Engineers to advance understanding and improve engineering group performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years experience working with plastics and/or plastic injection tooling and manufacturing.
- 5 years experience traveling to Asia to work with manufacturers is required.
- 4 year engineering degree –Mechanical/Electrical Engineer preferred.
- Must understand how to read and create engineering drawings. Knowledge of Solidworks and 3D CAD design are a plus.
- Must have strong Interpersonal and Project Management skills. This is not eyewash. If you are not a people person, you will not succeed in this job
- Must be a self-starter that looks for problems to fix them.
- Working knowledge of statistical process control. You have to be able to walk this talk.
- A personal commitment to Continuous Improvement and lean manufacturing.