Simple Energy is a fast-paced, Boulder-based startup. We graduated TechStars in 2011 and have continued growing and improving ever since. We are changing the world by helping people understand and reduce their energy consumption.
We’re looking for a hands-on Sales Engineer to act as a key player in the Sales Operations squad and product expert to the Sales squad. The primary goal of the Sales Engineer is to enable the sales squad to achieve sales goals with engaging demos, supportive documentation and product-squad-backed high fidelity prototypes. You’ll be a great fit for this position if you are very comfortable collaborating with sales people and product managers to build and present detailed, tech product solutions.
- Lead technical aspects of proposal creation, while curating a library of appropriate technical content & solution use-cases
- Train the sales reps & account managers on our team on our products, technology
- Keep up with industry trends & updates, and share value with your growing network of industry insiders
- Lead customer discovery conversations to determine requirements and provide sales support on a daily basis
- Collaborate with our product squad to understand emerging features and functionality
- Provide direct product and technical support throughout the duration of the sales cycle
- Deliver technical demos to existing and prospective customers
- Intake, qualify and quantify existing and prospective customer technical requirements to the product and engineering squads
- Develop high fidelity prototypes that align with and coincide with the product squad product roadmap
- Demonstrate existing and prospective customers the technical advantages and aspects of Simple Energy products
- Create and maintain a presentation library of collateral displaying and demonstrating Product-blessed features, functions and solutions
- Participate in discovery calls with clients, asking technical diligence questions to ensure appropriate diligence for the company and no surprises for clients after they sign up with us
You’re a Good Fit if...
- You can put yourself in the potential client’s seat & help us perform good solution-ing/diligence
- You like the details, technology, how data flows between systems & identifying use-cases/solutions
- You’re independent
- You’re passionate about what we do, and how it can impact our clients and our mission
- You can throw the red flag diplomatically to our reps, when we encounter clients who are not a good fit
- You can present and demo solutions that help clients resolve their challenges in an articulate way
- You have 5+ years of experience in a SE/SC role at a technology company (ideally Utility Tech)
- Experience: 5 years in a similar sales engineer role preferred (or 3 years sales experience combined with IT support and/or IT customer facing role)
- Communication: Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills
- Collaboration: Ability to work collaboratively, provide advice and support to internal stakeholders and influence external stakeholders to achieve results.
- Resourcefulness: Ability to think creatively to source information and work effectively across different teams to get things done.
- Analytical: Very comfortable diving deep into client requirements to derive insight, identify business cases and solve technical problems
- Agility: Thriving in a dynamic, fast-paced and growing organization while balancing competing priorities and projects.
- Values: Aligned to Simple Energy’s mission, self-aware and has a proactive attitude.
Benefits every Simple Energy employee gets:
- Competitive salary
- An equity stake in Simple Energy
- Getting to live in one of the greatest places in the world – Boulder (we're a little biased)
- Health insurance coverage
- MacBook Air or MacBook Pro — You'll always have the tools you need to get the job done.
- Health reimbursement up to $500 for things like a gym membership, or a Ski Pass, ect.
- Rocky Mountain National Park Annual pass
- Boulder/Denver B-Cycle Annual membership
- Be part of building a great company with an awesome culture: intelligent, passionate, engaged coworkers; dog-friendly office; company outings; free snacks and drinks; and the opportunity to change how millions of people think about and act on saving energy.
Simple Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.