Risk and Compliance Director
Markit Digital is seeking an experienced and motivated Risk Management & Compliance Director. The individual will work closely with Business and Technical leadership to manage risk to the business and oversee compliance requirements. This position will require an understanding of Markit Digital’s services & platform from a business and technical perspective to effectively manage risk and compliance.
Duties & Accountabilities
Plan and execute risk assessments and identify strategic opportunities to adopt industry-leading security and compliance standards.
• Oversee Service Organizational Control (SOC 2) compliance and reporting.
• Lead ongoing internal and external audit and compliance requirements, including coordination between clients, auditors, and the business/IT.
• Regularly liaise with Business Development, Client Solutions, and Engineering teams to ensure compliance requirements are adhered to in product development and support.
• Respond to audit findings, define and track remediation projects, and ensure ongoing compliance with required regulatory standards.
• Manage contract compliance matters and contract negotiation with clients and vendors.
• Oversee critical vendor relationships and conduct vendor risk assessments.
• Deliver regular risk reporting to business leadership.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise Risk and Compliance team members.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher.
• Relevant Certifications (CISA, CRISC, CISSP, CISM, etc.) certification desirable.
• Broad knowledge of risk management and expertise in several risk management sub-specialties, particularly security risk management.
• Ability to identify emerging business and regulatory risks and evaluate impact to the business.
• Ability to identify key processes and functions, recognize risks, and apply controls and mitigation strategies.
• Project Management experience and ability to develop project or program scope, define requirements, and manage other team members.
• Deep knowledge of SOC Compliance and other industry control frameworks.
• Knowledge of vendor management processes and related risk/compliance considerations preferred.
• Experience in contract compliance and contract negotiation preferred.
• Strong technical background; ability to drive resolution of technical risks and incorporate technical and architectural considerations into planning, decisions, and recommendations.
• Demonstrated working partnership with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product developers and QA teams.
• Ability to develop and drive strategic objectives.
• Ability to set and manage expectations with stakeholders.
• Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
• Exceptional organization and time management skills; ability to operate independently and balance competing priorities.
• Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
• Foster partnerships with teams throughout the business and global stakeholders within the firm.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact [email protected] or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links: