Quality Engineer 1
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimize their operations.
About the Role
As a Software Quality Engineer on our team, you will work as part of a truly innovative, fun and growing team responsible for developing, testing and debugging our new Hyper Converged storage product. You will focus on new product development and enhancements to existing products.
If you are dedicated to creative problem solving and getting things done, you may be just the person we’re looking for!
What You Will Do
- Drive test efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and maintainable test plans, automated scripts to validate complex features.
- Document and analyze test results to assist in validating, debugging and modification of our subsystems and system.
- Communicate and collaborate with the engineering teams to develop automation processes and plans.
- Collaborate with developers to diagnose, debug and perform root cause analysis of issues and defects.
- Work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department and company goals.
- Experience writing and executing complex system and subsystem level test plans, test cases and test reports.
- Some experience in developing test automation, scripts and/or automation frameworks.
- Ability to participate in and drive technical discussions with your team and other cross-functional teams in order to meet high quality standards.
- Proficiency in product development and support within a Linux environment.
- Collaboration skills to work with the team on troubleshooting issues.
- Ability to work on non-routine and unstructured tasks that requires genuine curiosity.
- Ability to escalate issues and risks to stakeholders at many levels related to the job, along with possible solutions.
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people.
- 3-6 years of software development experience.
- A degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field.
You might also have:
- Experience with network programming/debugging/configuration.
- Experience working with Docker and/or Jenkins as build and test environment
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environments
What You'll Love About Us
- Our Culture: It’s our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it’s the people.
- Our Location: We have a beautiful Boulder office, with amazing Flatiron views, on the vibrant downtown Pearl Street.
- Health Benefits: NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
At NetApp, we take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do. Along the way, we’ve repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards. Now more game-changing developments are in the pipeline. Behind our breakthroughs is an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas. By sharing our viewpoints, challenging our thinking, and empowering our people, we create unique and novel approaches to solving problems. Join us, and we’ll help each other do our best work!