Quality Assurance Engineer
You are an experienced software quality assurance engineer looking for an opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology. You seek a company that cares about software quality assurance but also is willing to invest in its QA team. You do not want your skill-set to get stale, rather you are eager for the challenge to learn and test new types of technologies. Webroot is looking to invest into a new quality assurance engineer to join their team immediately. Our ideal quality assurance engineer has a high capacity for learning new technologies quickly. The current QA team is a tight-knit group of professionals who are assigned a large variety of projects, and so the willingness to be flexible and desire to learn is critical. Whether it is testing eCommerce shopping carts or Salesforce applications, your teammates will understand the importance of developing new team members, providing you with the tools and support to learn and succeed. If this sounds like a team you want to join, apply today!
The quality assurance engineer will create test plans that meet design specifications and report on the testing cycle to help produce software/web products that are as free from defects as possible. This job will require the ability to manage multiple feature/product releases, mapping test strategy to the release plan, ensuring the product release quality is maintained or exceeding that of the previous release. You will develop test cases/harnesses and test products to meet assigned requirements. This will include using automated testing tools to perform performance/stress and load testing suites. You will work closely with the development and business analyst teams, so excellent communication skills are required. You will bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology, equivalent industry experience acceptable
- 1+ years experience in software development or testing of web, e-commerce and/or enterprise software applications required.
- In depth knowledge of QA test methodologies and strategies.
- Application and demonstration of systematic approaches for identifying and rendering feature rich, complex test cases
- Demonstrates competence and self-motivation in analyzing problems and performing root cause analysis
- Experience in rendering and reviewing metrics for assessing readiness of product release
- Proven ability to grasp quickly and keep current on new technologies and understand business needs
- Able to identify and co-implement quality campaigns within the Development community
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- 1+ years proven work experience with software quality methodologies, principles and processes
- 1+ years experience working in Linux, BSD or UNIX environment
- Work experience writing Test Scripts (i.e. Perl, Python, TCL) a plus
- Experience working with MS SQL Server preferred
- Experience executing/maintaining automated test tools/scripts
- Experience testing for reliability, performance and scalability a plus
- Knowledge of Web Security a plus
- Experience with PHP preferred
- Shell Scripting Experience a plus
- Previous programming Java/C++ or white box testing experience a plus
- Experience working in test-driven development model a plus
- Test Automation or Code Coverage Analysis skills a plus
- Security industry experience a plus
At Webroot, we do more than secure our customers' personal computers, mobile devices and networks. We also nurture our employees' most critical assets – their talents, experience, and career aspirations. Webroot has the energy of a start-up with the strength and stability of an Internet security market leader. We foster the innovative culture you'd expect of a company that's making a statement. Webroot is a company in which you can invest yourself fully, knowing that you're not only protecting our customers around the world, but also that your talents and innovation will be recognized and rewarded. We encourage you to learn more about us and explore our job openings. Secure your future. Ensure the same for your career. Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.