QA Engineer - Mobile (Android & iOS)
Wowza Media Systems creates disruptive technologies for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from computers to televisions to mobile devices. We are currently seeking a Software QA Engineer to work primarily on our Wowza GoCoder product. The ideal candidate will have agile experience testing mobile (iOS and Android), web services, web applications, and desktop applications and hardware. This position will report to the Wowza QA Director, and will be located in our Golden office location.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- White box testing of our Wowza Streaming services and applications
- Experience in web automation frameworks, such as selenium or watir-webdriver
- Create and maintain automation scripts
- Experience programing with Java
- Objective and/ or Swift development experience
- SDK testing experience
- Familiar with building basic apps in Xcode and/ or Android studio
- Configure workflow environments to include 3rd party applications, services and devices
- Provide QA tasks on assigned projects
- Document, review and maintain test plans and procedures in Test Rail.
- Enter, track and regress properly formed software issues. Work with engineering, support and product teams to triage issues and assign appropriately
- Regression test issues reported by customers, and provide timely feedback to support
- Effectively communicate with the software engineers to understand and efficiently test software deliverables
- Provide best practice QA methodologies throughout the software lifecycle
To be successful, you should have good communication and problem solving skills, work well in a team environment, and have the desire to continue to learn new technologies.
- Must have 3+ years QA experience in a software development environment
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Proven experience working with remote teams
- Some understanding of the streaming media industry
Who we are:
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, won numerous industry awards, and are driving over 20,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry and leading the way with products and services that both simplify streaming, and provide tools for advanced users to build their own customized solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success we continue to redefine our industry and impact the world. As a result, we are growing rapidly, building out our teams, services and infrastructure.
What we love about working for Wowza
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
- Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
- Success based compensation that rewards performance!
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, successful start-up that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.