QA Automation Engineer
Apto is looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Automation Engineer with a passion for automating as much as possible. The ideal candidate has a passion for high-quality software and best practices in testing modern software applications. They will also have an eye for catching sneaky bugs and partnering with their team to squash those bugs into permanent oblivion.
It’s an exciting time in commercial real estate, and we’re at the forefront of a market that’s just beginning to accelerate technology change. Apto is focused on connecting the commercial real estate industry. We’re doing it by building a remarkable platform (cloud-based CRM and deal management), and we’re highly focused on the success of our customers and employees.
Apto was also recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the 2016 Top 50 workplaces nationwide, placed on the Inc. 500 list, designated a Best Place to Work in Denver by the DBJ and won the Outside Best Places to work in both 2016 and 2017. Come help us bring commercial real estate out of the dark ages with an award-winning team.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be joining one of our agile development teams as the voice of quality where you’ll work with developers, UX designers, and product managers to co-create the Apto application suite.
You will be responsible for driving quality through exploratory testing, improving our automated tests and documentation process. There’s already enough complexity in commercial real estate, we want you to help make it simple, elegant and functional.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identify potential risks and document test scenarios during requirements gathering and design
- Provide testing support for new features and fixes as they are implemented
- Stay up-to-date on the latest quality assurance and automation practices and strategies that make it possible to create amazing applications
- Be a mentor for continuous improvement on quality-related internal processes and techniques
Skills that would help us:
- Some experience in automation and/or QA in a fast-paced agile SaaS company
- A passion for automating tasks so you don’t ever have to do the same thing twice
- Interest in automation frameworks and tools, for example: Nightwatch, Selenium, Jasmine, Robot, or others...
- Familiarity with end-user testing methodologies, agile testing, and change management
Would be awesome if:
- You can draw and explain Mike Cohn’s Testing Pyramid
- You have experience writing and maintaining automated tests
- You have experience testing managed/unmanaged code in Salesforce
- You have experience with commercial real estate
- You have mad foosball or ping pong skills
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive base salary + Generous Stock Options
- Flexible Time Off
- Company-paid Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits and Life Benefits
- Opportunity to contribute to a 401K Plan
- Regular company-provided lunches and team events
- Dog-friendly, centrally located office in LoDo
- Challenging work with an opportunity to have a direct impact on day-to-day operations
- Ping pong / snacks / beer
Apto does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.