Principal Software Engineer, Common SaaS Services
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
CA Technologies is looking for a Principal Engineer to be a contributor and technical leader of a team designing and implementing a new SaaS platform that will be used by CA SaaS software developers to bring new CA SaaS products to market. This role includes building, testing, running, and the quality of software services, utilities, and tools as well as provide high level analysis related to software design and development to enable CA SaaS developers to easily build, test, deploy, run, and monitor their SaaS products and services.
Because we are an Agile company you won’t be working in a silo. We need you to have good experience in technical leadership, software engineering and system administration. We don’t expect anyone to know everything, we just need people who are quick studies that aren’t afraid to jump in with both feet and learn by doing.
An entrepreneurial fast paced mentality is critical for success in this position: a passionate can-do attitude, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to collaborate while acting as a thought leader in your area of expertise will serve you well at CA Technologies. Does this sound like a challenge you're ready for?
A Bit About Us
We collaborate constantly. We develop with modern languages, frameworks, and tools. We think about clean code, automated testing, and scaling all the time. We take walks, sample the kegs, and play games to give our brains a break. We use our own products to manage our work and stay agile. We’re always getting better.
Some of the reasons our engineers love it here:
- Hackathons: Unleash your creativity with regular opportunities to prototype your ideas with whatever cool new tech you want and present it to the rest of the business. Many hackathons have become full-fledged parts of our products.
- No role or tech ruts: Expand your role or create your own. Work across the entire stack or specialize in an area of interest to you. Change teams when you need some new scenery.
- A Learning Environment: Our experiment-rich culture has us evolving our methodology and tools constantly. We encourage developers to attend and present at conferences and meetups.
- Collaboration: Our teams work closely together in agile style, enabling us to learn from each other rather than getting trapped in silos. Almost all production code is written in pairs.
- Influence: Every developer is empowered and encouraged to make things better - the product, the technology, the processes, and the culture.
- Location: With a thriving tech scene, 300 days of sunshine, 300 miles of dedicated bikeways, and an almost embarrassing abundance of outdoor adventure opportunities, Boulder is an amazing place to live.
- Work/life balance: We take this one seriously, and work hard to make the pace sustainable.
- Responsible for all technical aspects of leading a team implementing a new CA SaaS Platform for the following areas:
- Automating Docker container orchestration, lifecycle management, and monitoring
- CI/CD pipeline tooling
- Microservice templates
- Docker based ephemeral test and staging environments
- As the technical leader you are accountable for the team’s code quality, performance, reliability, and commitments.
- An important code contributing member of the team.
- Actively foster continuous team improvement in self and the team.
- Partner with developers, architects and the business to optimize the integration and delivery of existing and new services.
- Enable autonomy in development teams through the creation and delivery of valuable self-service and automation capabilities.
- Pair with other engineers to promote skills enhancement and knowledge sharing.
- Research and share the latest innovations in automation and virtualized infrastructure.
- Be able to work independently and be self-directed.
What We Are Looking For:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or 7-10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong technical leadership and communication skills
- Experience as a team technical lead, preferably on a SaaS product or a large scale, highly available, service-oriented, distributed production systems.
- Linux experience in a highly-available production environment with good scripting skills.
- Experience with SaaS best practices such as multi-tenancy and zero downtime deployments.
- Experience with DevOps best practices such as continuous delivery and observability.
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration systems such as Kubernetes or Mesos. Experience with Red Hat’s OpenShift is a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, and Docker registries.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Knowledgeable about virtualization technologies such as VMWare.
- Knowledge of SSO, SAML, and OAUTH.
- Experience with messaging systems like Kafka.
- SOA and/or microservice design and implementation experience.
- Experience with Agile software development.
- A history of training, mentoring and influencing other technologists.
- Experience writing standards and best practices on development topics.
- Strong business insight and the ability to identify key issues and their impact in a broader business context. Candidate must be able to translate technology into business terms and value, with a track record of influencing and improving business solutions.
- Strong teamwork skills for cross-group cooperation.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand complexities and how components connect and relate to each other.
- A history of training, mentoring and influencing other technologists.
- Constantly refine and stay current with emerging themes in software development and testing.
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.