Principal Engineer, Content Delivery Network (CDN) - Video Technology
First we changed the Wireless industry, and now we're changing Home Television! T-Vision, aka Layer3 TV is hiring!
We are looking to add a Principal Engineer, Content Delivery Network (CDN) to our team responsible for the design, development and implementation of the video services platform. This position will set the direction for a team of software development and systems engineer in the design, development and implementation of the video distribution and delivery, including management of an array of video content deployed on a wide range of consumer devices.
What you'll do in your role.
- Architecture, development, engineering, integration and testing of complex IP video delivery system utilizing Content Delivery Network (CDN) and Web Server technologies.
- Research and development with content and media delivery technology, such as WebRTC, HTTP Multicast, etc.
- Development and testing of complex CDN routing and client cache selection rules and technologies.
- System development, configuration and deployment of HTTP and Proxy Servers such as Apache Traffic Server, Nginx, Varnish, Squid, etc.
- Architecture and development of big data storage and analytics using tools such as Splunk, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, etc
- Develop and promote industry leading standards for media and content.
- Assist with writing formal requirements and specifications documents; drive vendors to develop, integrate and test hardware/software; building and documenting solutions.
- Maintains communication of project statuses and drives for continued improvement in quality and availability of each the systems and product.
- Work jointly with the Product and Technology development teams to innovate, integrate and identify/resolve issues.
- Design product instrumentation and test automation.
The experience you'll bring.
- Extensive experience with development and integration of HTTP Server and Proxy technologies such as Apache Traffic Server, Nginx, Varnish, Squid, etc.
- Experience with agile software development practices.
- Experience working with XML and web services interfaces including SOAP, JSON and REST.
- Deep knowledge of network technologies such as DNS, Anycast, etc.
- Experience with development and support of large scale production systems working within a 24x7 operations environment.
- Experience with rapid development and deployment environments that practice continuous integration and development, Agile software development methodologies.
- Knowledge and application of coding and scripting required (Go, Java, Python, PERL, Bash, etc).
- Ability to work independently but also within a team environment including being technical lead.
- Creative problem-solving skills while working in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to handle several tasks, be organized, make decisions, and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines.
*Network Technology - Video Technology