Pre-Sales Engineer - Java Performance
Greater Boulder Area
JOB TITLE: Pre-Sales Engineer - Java Performance
LOCATION: Louisville, CO (Between Denver & Boulder)
At Rogue Wave Software, we're a trusted partner to Global 2,000 organizations, powering new opportunities and removing risk from strategic initiatives. Our mission is to simplify the hardest problems, improve software quality and security, and shorten the time it takes to deliver value.
Since 1989, our platforms, tools, components, and support have been used across financial services, technology, healthcare, government, entertainment, and manufacturing, to deliver value and reduce risk. From API management, web and mobile, embeddable analytics, static and dynamic analysis to open source support, we have the software essentials to innovate with confidence. To do that, we need exceptional people on our team.
We are searching for a Pre-Sales Engineer - Java Performance to perform Pre-Sales engineering technical support of company products (JRebel and XRebel) to customers and prospects, drive successful products implementation and long term customer satisfaction.
- Provide on-going pre-sales technical support to well-qualified prospects including training, evaluation management and best practices consulting.
- Conduct product demonstrations in support of sales calls.
- Guide customers through product evaluations.
- Understand customer technical and business requirements, design and scope technical engagements.
- Understand customer goals and challenges, map solutions to customer needs.
- Provide technical guidance including verbal and written response to inquiries concerning products, usage, and best practices.
- Communicate product feedback, new requirements, and competitive intelligence from the field to product management/engineering.
Business and Technical Competencies:
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to excel in a team oriented atmosphere.
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Ability to understand pertinent technical questions related to products and applications
- Ability to present project solutions to clients, manage client expectations, and implement and deliver solutions
Experience / Education:
- Ability to travel 20 to 40% within the United States
- Minimum of 2 years of experience developing Java solutions
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in both Web Development AND in a J2EE environment preferred
- Previous experience in a Sales Engineering role preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or a related technical field
We are an Agile organization, living our VALUES of Integrity, Customer-centric, Humanity, Communication, Teamwork, and Commitment. To be a successful contributor you need to be a team player and willing to handle a wide variety of tasks daily.
To learn more about Rogue Wave Software visit us at www.roguewave.com.
Rogue Wave Software is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
Read Full Job Description