Manager, Software Engineering - Contact Center
Manager, Software Engineering - Contact Center
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Boulder, CO
RingCentral, Inc., a leading provider of Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), fosters a dynamic, success-driven, and team-oriented environment committed to delivering simple and delightful products for our customers. We are looking for a candidate with an entrepreneurial spark and a passion for redefining how people communicate.
RingCentral is one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world and is hands down the largest and fastest growing company in pure cloud business communication and collaboration space. We are committed to innovation, and we continuously out-innovate the competition. Our award-winning products are recognized leaders by Gartner and other prominent analysts. Communication is at the heart of every business, and our products enable people to do the work they want on the channel of their choice whether it's voice, video, text or chat while eliminating the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications. We are relentlessly focused on user experience.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. We promote a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the market leader in integrated communication products with telephone, video conferencing, messaging and contact center software. Our contact-center products power mission-critical systems for businesses, large and small, require unrivaled uptime, unlimited scalability, enormous flexibility to support any business need or workflow, and an exemplary user experience. To meet these needs, we are searching for only the best leadership to expand and nurture our onshore and offshore engineering teams and help ensure quality and timely delivery of our contact center offerings.
The Software Engineering Manager will work closely with upper management and product management to understand the product roadmap and help develop aggressive and attainable delivery timelines. You'll be responsible for ensuring quality of the code and the delivered product, and work with QA teams to development regression and automation testing roadmaps that help support product quality. You will be required to participate in technical spec writing, code reviews, and act as an engineering touchpoint to support or customer services to help resolve escalations or product questions.
Additionally, day-to-day you will be managing one or more teams of engineers. You must be experienced with people and performance management, team growth, hiring and firing, and you must be excited to work with the engineers every day through mentorship, code-review and tactical decision-making. Motivational, constructive and positive leadership are key values we hold, and so must you.
- Help grow, nurture and manage multiple engineering teams based in Boulder, Colorado
- Provide support to, communication with, and planning integrations for offshore teams
- Aid in development of engineering standards, employee onboarding guides, product and engineering documentation
- Work with upper engineering and product management to develop specs, timelines, and delivery plans
- Work with product managers and technical team leads to ensure developer stories are properly spec'd, and multi-week sprints run successfully and predictably
- Oversee all sprint deliverables, including product quality and release stability
- Work with onshore and offshore QA teams to help ensure quality releases
- 3+ years managing software engineering teams
- 6+ years software development experience
- 3+ years in SaaS product delivery, Agile / Scrum experience preferred
- Strong Java / Spring experience.
- Strong experience with MySQL preferred
- Experience with event-driven, distributed (microservice) technologies
- Experience with Front-end SPA Development (AngularJS, Angular, React)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Candid, positive, constructive nature. Driven to help others succeed and grow.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to Work as One™ from any location, on any device, and via any mode to better serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral's open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.