Manager, Software Development
As a Manager, Software Engineering, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of a technical development team, providing direction, motivation, technical support and guidance. You will work with others to establish and communicate the product technical, architectural and commercial vision that adheres to the company’s overall vision and direction, often engaging with the architecture teams when required. Completing and balancing the priorities of the commercial, technical and internal roadmaps while achieving the architectural and technical visions, ensuring the development team is consistent in its approach, and working closely with PMO, product, solutions delivery, support part of the organization and other development teams will be major responsibilities.
Often daily interactions with product team, PMO representative and product development team will be required to work through feature and story development, commercial roadmap challenges and estimation. Additionally, providing insight into the product planning process will be a requirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Possesses a strong understanding and support of Agile development methodology in a SCRUM and KANBAN environment.
- Ensure that the technical assets and team skill sets evolve at the necessary pace to support the roadmap requirements.
- Work with the development team and other departments to establish development best practices and procedures. Work with the team to identify problem areas and work to resolve them.
- Responsible for the hiring, feedback, training, guidance, and career planning for all individual team members.
- Provide coaching and mentoring as required.
- Coordinate incident response for the team, organizing coverage and technical response to issues.
- Coordinate and plan the release process for deliverables with the team, including all stakeholders and ensuring necessary communication and deadlines are met.
- Manage and coordinate technical dependencies with other teams.
- Work with the product and other development organizations to help establish roadmaps and resourcing needs.
- Work with the development, product and architecture teams to specify and scope features as well as define acceptance criteria for those features.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the customer/user base (internal development, architecture, product, operations) of the domain.
- Ability to provide strong communication with a wide number of stakeholders will be required.
- Ability to assess risks, dependencies, and identify mitigation strategies.
- Ability to socialize and educate the organization on new frameworks, processes and solutions.
- Ability to meet audit, compliance, and high availability standards.
- Ability to work on department wide special projects, which may include coordination activities of peers within GHX to resolve a broad issue or challenge.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related degree, or a combination of education and related experience.
- At least five years of prior development management experience. Advanced management training or certifications are preferred.
- Proficient with multiple technologies and able to apply architectural principles.
- Identifies, implements, and applies best practices.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and possesses a proven track record leading teams who produce high quality deliverables.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to technical staff and is able to work effectively with cross-functional departments with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Understands and is able to explain up and downstream impacts across products, teams, and the organization.
- Constructively challenges the status quo; oversees the development and implementation of innovative and creative solutions. Iterates and improves across multiple business domains.
- Displays flexibility in adapting to changing conditions and leads others through change.
- Leads by example, promotes a common purpose, and is a catalyst for success.
- Thinks strategically, displays a high degree of emotional maturity, and demonstrates a positive outlook.
- Ability to occasionally travel to remote offices and partners, including international travel.
- Strong analytical, organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.