Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the chance to create an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology takes on even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats. If you want to join an agile company that’s building innovative technology in the cloud, Carbon Black is the place for you. Inspired by passionate people who are dedicated to making the world safer, it’s no wonder we’ve been named a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe for four consecutive years. Join us!
What You’ll Do
- Scale, manage and build a high velocity, high-impact team within the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) organization
- Key responsibility for the reliability and performance of our 24x7x365 mission critical services and products.
- Ensure the overall success of SRE-centric operations within Carbon Black products.
- Provide team leadership to team responsible for infrastructure architecture, scaling its capacity to meet the demands, optimize performance/cost, and overall compliance.
- Provide direction around operational process, tooling, visibility, and other business-aligned initiatives.
- Ensure cloud-based architectures meet availability and recoverability requirements
- Deep understanding of the latest tech solutions, trends, and ability to dive into the details of the architecture as needed.
- Provide coaching and career development to team members and build trust
- Work with the Team Leads within the group to identify areas of improvement, prepare architecture road maps, and advocate to the Product Management group.
What You'll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to think and lead at a high level, but also capable of working hands on
- Minimum 1 year of leading technical teams
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with technical operations and software development
- Solid understanding/experience of web services, databases and relating infrastructure/architectures
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Experience supporting enterprise-level SaaS products
- Security Experience a plus