Manager, Quality Engineering
Job Title: QE Manager
Position Type: Full-time
Position Level: Manager
Xactly Corporation was founded to solve an important challenge: how to help people everywhere connect and unleash their human potential through seamless, perfectly aligned Sales Performance Management. Xactly's comprehensive Sales Performance Management (SPM) suite leverages data from a sales performance AI platform to provide timely insights across the entire SPM value chain, from sales planning to execution, including compensation to optimization. Xactly takes Sales Performance Management from a dark art to a science, providing decision-makers with the data insights they need to tap the motivational power of their incentive compensation. With access to predictive analytics and benchmark data, enterprises can now optimize territories, design the right compensation and incentive plans and accelerate attainment and optimization of sales performance.
As the QE Manager at Xactly Corporation, you will maintain/continuously improve upon the QE function and facilitate implementation of QE best practices within the organization. In addition, you will manage a team of SDET, including staffing, resource allocation, performance management and reporting. Establish partnerships with internal stakeholders to understand customer requirements and ensure quality of delivery. Own, drive, measure and optimize the overall quality of the development and delivery process. Drive quality automation and take the customer perspective for end to end quality.
Xactly's QE team is a rapidly growing & very well diversified team with very strong focus on cutting-edge test automation tools & technologies. We are a very strong team comprising of 35+ members spread across our engineering centers in San Jose, Denver and Bangalore (India). All engineers in QE team are encouraged to operate independently and with highest levels of accountability. Each QE engineer works with tight-knit team of back-end developers, front-end developers, Product Managers in the scrum teams with laser focus on producing high quality code & products for our customers. All QE engineers are trained well on all aspects i.e. Products training, Automation tools & infrastructure, CI/CD etc. ensuring their success in scrum teams. Xactly QE team members work with the cutting edge tools & technologies like Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, TestNg, Maven, RestAssure, Nightwatch, VMWare, Jenkins, Docker, OpenNebula, Jmeter to name a few.
THE SKILL SET
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field; MS degree is plus
- 5+ years of experience as QE Manager driving automation development and coverage improvements for Saas/Cloud applications running on AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with the latest CI/CD technologies and successful application (Jenkins, Maven, Git, Kubernetes, Spinnaker, Harness.io, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of current quality engineering and test automation tools and processes, including JUnit, Jenkins, Selenium/Webdriver, Jmeter
- Experience with Solr, HBase, Scala, Kafka, Spark, Mongo, Docker
- Having been an integrated part of an Scrum/ Agile engineering team, working interactively with software engineers, testing engineers and product managers from the beginning of the development cycle
- Strong Java development skills, able to read, write and debug Java code productively
- Strong commitment to best practices in SQE and software development, including modern Continuous Integration (CI) processes and automating everything vision.
- Track record of delivering high quality products while meeting scheduling commitments.
- Proven success in managing overlapping projects, while remaining flexible to shifting priorities.
- Exposure on ETL/analytics modules
- Strong ability to build relationships with internal leadership at all levels, along with effective interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities that strongly align with Xactly's culture of collaboration, innovation, open discussion of ideas & opinions, no-ego and a focus on delivering real value
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU'LL:
- Attend New Hire Training
- Learn the Dev and QE processes
- Participate in scrum development process
- Get to know your team
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Participate in interviewing and hiring, as a way to influence team growth and how our values inform our culture.
- Learn Xactly's SaaS technology stack
- Perform QE code reviews
- Perform 1x1 with your staff
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Ensure best QE practices are being used
- Provide guidance to the team
- Ensure that we are releasing high quality releases
- Perform RCA's on Production Escapes and ensure corrective actions are implemented
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU'LL:
- Help grow other engineers technically by mentoring, pairing and developing other learning opportunities.
- Collaborate with engineering and product leadership to define priorities and set delivery goals
- Work with the scrum teams to estimate technical scope and time to complete features and initiatives
- Continuously work on QE process improvements to maximize team effectiveness and efficiencies
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- XactlyFit Gym/Fitness Program Reimbursement
- Kitchen Stocked Daily with Tasty Snacks, Fruit, and Drinks
- Access to Corporate Discounts
- Parking & Commuter Benefits
- Up to (3) Days Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
- End of Month Surprises, Contests, BBQs, Parties & Reward Vacations
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Employer Match
THE XACTLY STORY:
Xactly is a leading provider of enterprise-class, cloud-based, incentive compensation solutions for employee and sales performance management. Our vision: Unleashing human potential to maximize company performance. We address a critical business need: To incentivize employees and align their behaviors with company goals. Our products allow organizations to make more strategic decisions, increase employee performance, improve margins, and mitigate risk. Our core values of Customer Focus | Accountability | Respect | Excellence are key to our success, and each day we're committed to upholding them by delivering the best we can to our customers.
We were the first 100% cloud-based, multi-tenant provider focusing solely on the incentive compensation and employee and sales performance management market, and we achieved our leadership position through domain expertise and innovative technology. We deliver our solutions through a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model.
Xactly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xactly provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.