Manager, Devops / Tools Group
Greater Boulder Area
Xcalar is pushing the limits of technology to help people discover deep meaningful insights from data. We have built a next-generation open and extensible analytics platform and a modern day DW for the complete analytics pipeline. This includes data preparation/quality, virtual data warehousing, large-scale interactive analytics, data science, and workload operationalization. Users interactively build dataflows using visual design, SQL, and structured programming, and execute them at petabyte scale. Xcalar's enterprise-grade software scales to hundreds of nodes and thousands of users for both cloud and on-premises deployments. It provides visibility, access, and auditability, with sophisticated data lineage through all stages of the data transformation process. Patented technologies deliver actionable insights with simplicity, speed, and scale.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking to hire a Manager for the Devops / Tools group to join our team.
*Principals only, no recruiters please*
- Manage a team of Devops, Automation, Build and Installation packaging engineers
- Deliver deployment, release engineering, Jenkins infrastructure and installation packaging of Xcalar products on cloud and on premise
- Hire and retain highly talented engineers
- Collaborate with peer managers
- Provide mentorship to team members and build strong teamwork culture
- Assess performance of team and provide feedback on a regular basis
- Be hands on with the tools and automation
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4+ years in management with a strong track record in automation and devops.
- Previous experience managing devops and automation team
- Experience in fast paced startup companies with high velocity development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong technical skills with proficient people management skills
- Agile methodology background with scrum master experience
- Experience in performance management and running highly productive teams
- Strong communications skills
Xcalar is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Xcalar considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected class.
Please reference http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and
https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information.
Read Full Job Description