Linux Systems Administrator (Denver)
Linux Systems Administrator
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Department: Information Technology
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We're not a phone company; we're a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
In this key role you will be responsible for maintaining and supporting key developer focused tracking and project management applications, along with servers and storage enterprise infrastructures that are either physical,virtual or cloud, and provide planning and implementation of projects. You will also be responsible in maintaining and supporting the administration of our portfolio of SaaS applications with primary focus on developer tools (Ticket Tracking, Version Control, CI/CD).
- Manage RingCentral's developer productivity applications & tools (Jira, Subversion, Mercurial, GitLab)
- Manage DNS, DHCP, KMS, NFS, DFS, SMTP, clustering
- Architect, automate, and manage corporate server infrastructure, cloud computing platforms, and enterprise applications
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, troubleshooting, monitoring and automating tasks for various systems like Server Operating Systems (primarily Linux), Software Deployment Systems and various developer applications (gitlab, mercurial, subversion).
- Creating and updating tools for automation, including development of scripts using Powershell, Bash or Perl among others.
- Be part of an On-call rotation for systems monitoring and incident management
- Providing reports to senior management regarding appropriate trends and usage data.
- Lead internal initiatives that result in highly available, redundant, resilient systems and services
- Design comprehensive monitoring and alerting strategies built around key performance and health indicators using Enterprise grade monitoring tools
- Sysadmin experience: Intermediate level knowledge in maintaining various flavors of Linux (CentOS 7, RHEL 8, Ubuntu 18, etc.)
- Applications: Strong experience in deploying and managing various developer productivity applications & tools: Atlassian Jira Server & Enterprise Administration, Gitlab, Subversion, Mercurial, Jenkins
- U.S. Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology or related field of study plus 2-5 years of relevant, progressive experience is required. (Will accept single degree or any combination of degrees, diplomas or professional credentials determined by a qualified evaluation service to be equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor degree in the relevant field of study)
- US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or H1B holder with at least 6 months residing in the US.
Good To Have:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert Server Infrastructure Certification
- Working knowledge with Dell PowerEdge, FX2 or VRTX systems
- Working knowledge of automation concepts and puppet/chef/automation scripts in particular
- Project management skills delivering solutions end to end
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today's leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.