Full Stack Software Engineer
Who You Are
As Full Stack Marketing Software Engineer, you will directly assist coaches marketing their product offerings such as training plans and consultations, drive traffic to their coach profiles with strong SEO, and make our website easy to use on any platform. We will challenge you to continue growing in your craft, and you will help us continually improve processes, software quality, and system performance. You will be responsible for owning applications from inception through development, test, and release to production. Team members must be flexible and willing to take on whatever responsibilities are needed to regularly ship all of TrainingPeaks’ offerings. If you are someone who can drive and facilitate architecture / design discussions and decisions, thrive in a collaborative environment that strives to use the right tool for the job, and/or bring new languages and skills to a smart and high-performing team we'd love to hear from you.
Who We Are
TrainingPeaks is the platform used by Tour de France teams, IRONMAN® World Champions, Olympians, athletes, and coaches around the world to track, analyze and plan their training. As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you’ll help our marketing team deliver content to a global audience; enabling athletes to learn about training, nutrition, and recovery; ensuring our customers are well educated about our platform, product updates, and upcoming events; and ultimately helping race-ready athletes achieve their goals using deliberate practice.
As Full Stack Marketing Software Engineer, you will contribute your expertise in the following areas:
- Continuously deliver features that delight our growing and evolving customer base
- Exhibit a deep concern for customer experience when consuming content on any device, browser, or platform
- Implement full stack technical solutions in a small cross-functional agile team
- Review code written by peers to help ensure high-quality, performant code
- Help drive open and honest team communication, best practices and education in new technologies
- Address problems of scale to help us sustain current growth and prepare for the future
To be successful in this position, you possess:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or STEM degree, OR demonstrable experience
- Great communications skills are a must
- Full stack engineering craftsmanship and enthusiasm for continuous improvement
- Familiarity with front end framework and languages such as Sass and Foundation while also comfortable rolling your own as needed
- Server languages such as C# / .NET, Java, PHP or similar experience preferred, with good knowledge of object-oriented design, common OO practices, and Design Patterns (in any language)
- A passion for learning and growing as a software engineer
- Mobile-first design implementation
- HTML, browser, and markup best practices awareness
- A passion for software quality best practices including unit and integration testing
- A strong drive for problem-solving and for constantly-evolving technologies and software development methods
- Experience with RDBMS, data storage, and caching tools such as Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, and Microsoft SQL Server
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong collaboration skills
Ideally you also possess:
- A working understanding of web API concepts such as OAuth, SOA, and writing or consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with a content publishing / management solution such as WordPress
- Web best practices and performance awareness such as caching and CDN usage
- SEO experience such as sitemaps, og / social media meta markup, robots files, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD processes and tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience refactoring applications and seeing architectural changes through from design to completion
- A deep understanding of SOLID principles, thinking in abstractions, etc.
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud technologies
If this job description excites you, we're looking forward to connecting!
Please Note: A code test will be included as part of the interview process
Benefits and Perks Include:
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- 401(k) 5% match
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Dog friendly office
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- On-site workout area access: treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, and full weight lifting gym with CrossFit equipment, with changing rooms and showers and towel service
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location (with a few remote days possible)
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
TrainingPeaks is a member of the Peaksware family of companies including Alfred Publishing, MakeMusic, TrainingPeaks, and TrainHeroic. Peaksware was recognized as #15 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list, and five times by Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work"! Through our unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions to help users on their individual journeys of skill development and improvement.