Greater Denver Area
To increase the rate of delivery of an Engineering team in order to meet the demands of a growing start-up. Constantly work toward delivery of valuable software while being thoughtful about implementation and how end users will utilize the system in order to reduce wasted work. Ease the burden of maintenance by delivering high quality software while identifying improvements to existing software and systems.
How You’ll Do It
As a Frontend Engineer, you’ll be an instrumental member of Pie’s growing Engineering team. You will own and build large scale Frontend systems and micro-services. You will design, develop, and deliver powerful server-side applications.
There’s a good bit of fire-fighting in a highly dynamic start-up environment, so you should enjoy new application development, root cause analysis and rapid problem-solving. Expect challenges while helping us build something awe-inspiring.
Whether It’s Right For You
You will be joining our team in downtown Denver, specifically LoDo within walking distance from Union Station. Everything we do is connected: we need you to be a strong communicator and a doer. We are a start-up so hands and minds are needed at peak efficiency.
We expect you’ll have spent 4 or more years working in similar software engineering and Frontend development roles. Of course, you’ll also need certain skills and abilities to do the work.
The Right Stuff
- Tech Experience. 4 or more years as a Software Engineer in commercial settings, ideally building large-scale frontend systems.
- Preferred Tech Skills. We'd love for you to have a grasp of the backend development as well with technologies like C#, Java, LESS, or Typescript, Scala or Haskell. NoSQL databases, primarily MongoDB. Message-based architecture like RabbitMQ. Document databases. Web sockets. Agile Scrum and JIRA
- Integration. Show us how you’ve integrated with APIs and databases in the past
- Full SDLC. When we say this, we really mean you’ll be a part of the full SDLC
- Education. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred or equivalent years of experience
- Adaptable. No other phrase describes a start-up like chaotic change. You have to thrive in it, love it, and adapt as needed.
- Raise Our Game. Execute on your ideas and recommendations to position the team for exponential growth.
- Learning Mentality. Desire to quickly understand Pie’s platform, architecture, and integrations with 3rd party vendors.
Working at Pie
- When we talk about SDLC, we really mean you'll be a part of the entire SDLC.
- When we talk about Agile we're talking about Scrum or Kanban.
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
Pie Insurance provides workers’ compensation insurance directly to small businesses online. Offering A.M. Best A rated coverage, Pie leverages data analytics, easy-to-use online features, and a seasoned team of insurance experts to create an insurance model that’s as easy as pie. We began offering insurance policies in 2018 with a mission of helping small businesses experience true savings and an unmatched level of service.
A fast-growing Insurtech start-up, Pie has home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Our all-star team offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the Small Business community.
Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie, ahem, equity. We’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description