ESC Applications Engineer
The ESC Group at Arrow is looking for an Applications Engineer! This person will focus on:
- Possessing a comprehensive technical knowledge of HW, SW skills and associated processes.
- Providing detailed technical support to our customers and Field Applications / Sales teams.
- Help with the Identification, creation and deployment of whitepapers and/or evaluations systems that can be used by the FAE’s to showcase the features and benefits of new solutions and technologies to our customers.
- Will work independently or as part of a larger development team to create embedded HW, SW solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- They are responsible for working independently in various design and development capacities, including be not limited to the following; aid in specification & architecture definition, scheduling, detailed design and verification.
- Understand business needs and processes; helps identify solutions, present and guide project team/sponsors in identifying the best solution.
- Participate in requirements analysis; design applications based on system requirements and architecture, prototype if necessary.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the Project Development process and standards, along with the associated tools that support those processes.
- Provide production support that includes evaluate defects, investigate cause and devise solutions to address defects.
- 15-20% travel requirement
TECHNICAL SPECIALITY: Embedded Hardware / Software Specialist
- Experience in detailed design of Embedded Processor & Control Systems systems using, but not limited to the following;
- 8/16/32-bit MCU’s and High-end 32-bit MPU sub-systems.
- Memory & Interface solutions including; PCIe, DDR3/4, Ethernet, I2C, SPI, USB, etc.
- Timing and Thermal analysis techniques and processes
- Experience with wireless communications such as BLE, 802.15.4 mesh networking, or sub-GHz proprietary radio communications a plus
- Ability to learn new technologies to build and grow skills across MCU and Wireless technologies
- Experience with use of electronics laboratory equipment and measurement techniques
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug electronic systems, circuits, and devices
- Proficiency with MS Office tools or equivalent
- Experience in development of Embedded Firmware using some or all of the following programming languages;
- C, C++, SQL, Python, Java, Linux, etc
- Use of Version Control processes a plus.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: 4 year college degree required in engineering and/or computer science.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 4 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent experience.