Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all-in-one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Thousands of organizations, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue, use Wdesk.
This Engineering Manager will lead a team of engineers. The team will build services and features for Workiva's SOX and Audit solutions. We expect upcoming work to add features to support new types of audits, evidence files, or workflows that customers cannot currently do in Wdesk. We also may simply prioritize improved user efficiency and better user experience in the application. For new features, Workiva uses a tight feedback loop with customers, and re-prioritizes work frequently in Agile development.
At Workiva, Engineering Managers lead agile engineering teams in product development and coordinate with diverse teams across the company. This role provides technical and project guidance while managing individuals to facilitate team health and professional development. Engineering Managers need to build professional teams with ownership of their deployment, production monitoring, and architecture to fit with the rest of Workiva's R&D teams.
What You'll Do:
- People Management: You will provide engineers with feedback, coaching, and professional development opportunities to enhance their skills, motivation, and performance.
- Fulfillment of Customer Requirements: You will provide leadership for the team to fully understand and resolve issues that may result when delivering high-quality products and solutions.
- Technical Guidance: You will provide guidance for the development team in exploring and generating innovative new approaches to identify issues and provide optimal solutions. You will share best practices and ensure the team's deliverables meet customer needs.
- Product Development Planning: You will oversee forecasts, team deliverables, and timelines all while ensuring a quality finished product. You will manage the team's capabilities and the scope/level of anticipated effort to produce intended results.
- Team Representation: You will attend planning meetings, development jams, and customer visits to communicate the team's ability to deliver proposed items or align to new priorities. Some travel required (less than 25%).
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated skill and success in critical thinking, coaching, problem solving, and conflict resolution
- Successful track record communicating complex technical details to diverse audiences of stakeholders and customers
- Senior-level software engineering experience
- Experience with automated testing and process improvement
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Demonstrated leadership within a technical organization, regardless of official title
- An acute focus on people development, job mastery, and continuous learning
Where You'll Work:
- Muse Page: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/workiva
- Workiva Tech Blog: https://techblog.workiva.com/
- Workiva Newsroom: https://www.workiva.com/newsroom