Director of Engineering
Wowza Media Systems is currently seeking a Director of Engineering to lead the teams delivering our world class live streaming platform. The ideal candidate will have a track record of building top performing engineering teams that deliver innovative solutions using agile methodologies to create lasting business value. Experience in the video and audio streaming industry and building highly scalable resilient services is a plus.
What you will do:
- Consistently deliver products that solve customer problems and create business value
- Build upon existing team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters creativity, open communication, growth, with an emphasis on problem solving with a customer focus, while stressing discipline and results.
- Work closely with the senior engineering leadership in defining long-term engineering vision and strategy
- Establish metrics, OKRs and KPIs that drive results in continuous improvements in engineering quality, efficiency and performance, and align with department and corporate visions and objectives
- Facilitate coordination across multiple development teams and disciplines such as product, support, marketing and sales
- Engage in continuous performance management to coach, recognize, celebrate and inspire excellence while clearly communicating expectations and holding teams accountable
- Establish programs that mentor and coach team members, help develop their careers, identify strengths, opportunities for improvement and promote a continuous development and learning culture
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the business and understand how your teams will deliver against those goals and objectives
- Take initiative to explore, create, evangelize, and implement innovative technologies when appropriate to advance the business
- Hold your own in technical discussions, become a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
The ideal candidate will have the ability to drive a project from idea to execution, effectively collaborate with our Product team to define future products and product enhancements, that solve customer problems and create business value. They will be a self-starter, and have excellent communication skills. The ability to work well cross-functionally and with remote personnel is required.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; Graduate degree a plus
- 15+ years of experience in software development
- Minimum 6 years of experience managing teams with increasing scope and influence, preferably in high-tech startup environment during periods of rapid growth.
- Director level experience or higher of at least of at least 2 years
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills with proven results in developing and managing high-performing teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, and high EQ, with the ability to build rapport with people of all types and inspire others to be great
- Experience successfully delivering customer value using Agile methodologies including SAFe
- Excellent problem solving skills and creativity
- Experience driving a 24/7/365 mindset and service offerings across single or multiple cloud providers with very high availability and resiliency
- Strong technical background in video streaming technologies, services and software
Who we are
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, won numerous industry awards, and are driving over 20,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry and lead the way with products and services that both simplify streaming, and provide tools for advanced users to build their own customized solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success we continue to redefine our industry and impact the world. As a result, we are growing rapidly, building out our teams, services and infrastructure.
What we love about working for Wowza
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
- Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
- Success based compensation that rewards performance!
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative, successful start-up that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.