Dev Ops Engineer
We are seeking an experienced and versatile Dev Ops engineer. The ideal contributor will work with a skilled team developing and operating our services backbone infrastructure and products supporting our development and deployment requirements.
* Responsible for integration of Development, IT Operations, QA and Deployment
* Participate in all aspects of DevOps for all client facing Alteryx applications by working with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced, dynamic software development environment
* Responsible for assuring availability, stability and cost efficiency of all development and deployment systems
* Development of configuration and deployment scripts,
* Monitoring system diagnostics
* Continuous load and performance testing
* Partner with development teams to deliver ongoing releases using continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
* System provisioning using AWS, HyperV or VMWare
* Configuration management using Chef or Puppet
* Manage revision control systems with branching and tagging (SVN, GIT)
* Create and maintain build and release processes using build tools (MSBuild, NAntm Perl)
* Interface with network, and system operations specialists to resolve problems with application/database systems
* Good working knowledge of big data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Zookeeper, Cassandra
* BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related
* Experience managing applications in Amazon Web Services and familiarity with all of their offerings including EC2, S3, etc.
* 4+ years' experience as a developer/administrator preferably in a Microsoft environment (C++/C#)
* Knowledge of one of the following: Unix shell scripting, Perl, Python, or Ruby
* Prior experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
* Proficient working with .NET and UNIX platforms with concrete knowledge of system administration/internals
* Familiarity with archival, data retirement/retention practices in a high transaction web application environment
* Strong communication skills. Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders