Detection Engineer (Remote)
Greater Denver Area
Denver, Colorado, United States (Remote Optional)
Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day.
The Cyber Incident Response Team (CIRT) continues to push the boundaries of threat detection and response with a unique combination of operations, threat research, and engineering in tight integration with the development team that designs our analysis platform and the Red Canary Threat Detection Engine.
Why You Matter
The security landscape is always shifting and introducing new adversaries. The Red Canary CIRT operates 24/7 to track down threats in endpoint data and deliver fast and actionable detections to our customers.
This is not a role where you are encouraged to passively accept current state. At Red Canary, you are empowered to actively look for opportunities to automate repetitive and tedious tasks. We let the automation framework handle the mundane tasks, so that you can remain focused on solving complex and critical problems for our customers.
Who You Are
As a Detection Engineer at Red Canary, you will:
- Leverage Red Canary’s detection platform, endpoint data, and external resources to uncover threats and tell the story of what occurred in a customer environment
- Build new detection capabilities into the Red Canary platform based on your research of new attack techniques
- Improve the CIRT workflow through automation
- Actively engage with the CIRT team to challenge the status quo for detecting adversarial behavior
Note: The Detection Engineering team operates on a 24/7 shift schedule.
Working at Red Canary
You will work with an exceptionally talented team that is solving problems facing every business. Additional benefits of working at Red Canary include:
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Unlimited vacation
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness stipend
- Phone reimbursement
Read Full Job Description